    in accessible boot device*.the blue screen also *advice* to me that to
    do *chkdsk*.can any one help me to know what is the problem & how does
    it solve.
    v2brothers, Aug 14, 2007

  2. v2brothers

    Desk Rabbit Guest

    v2brothers wrote:
    > Today morning when I start my pc, during operating system loading,
    > after windows 2000 loading splash screen , appear a *blue screen*
    > saying errors in *hex decimal * values. Blue screen start by saying *
    > in accessible boot device*.the blue screen also *advice* to me that to
    > do *chkdsk*.can any one help me to know what is the problem & how does
    > it solve.

    You could start by *writing down* the *exact* message as it *appears* on
    the screen.

    Those hex numbers aren't there just for *fun* you know!
    Desk Rabbit, Aug 14, 2007

  3. v2brothers

    Toast Guest

    v2brothers <> wrote in

    > Today morning when I start my pc, during operating system loading,
    > after windows 2000 loading splash screen , appear a *blue screen*
    > saying errors in *hex decimal * values. Blue screen start by
    > saying * in accessible boot device*.the blue screen also *advice*
    > to me that to do *chkdsk*.can any one help me to know what is the
    > problem & how does it solve.

    Depending on the warning code the fault could have any number of
    causes. Given the other warnings you're getting a failing HDD or
    corrupted HDD sectors are high on the list of possibilities.

    Run "CHKDSK /p /r" from the NT Recovery Console. You'll need the
    Win2k installation CD. Boot the computer from the CD to access the
    recovery console.

    Some tips on how to get into the RC:

    http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/win_xp_rec.htm

    RC commands explained:

    http://web.ukonline.co.uk/cook/console2.htm

    Try dropping the error code into a search engine and see what it
    returns.
    Toast, Aug 14, 2007
  4. v2brothers

    philo Guest

    <snip>

    > Run "CHKDSK /p /r" from the NT Recovery Console. You'll need the
    > Win2k installation CD. Boot the computer from the CD to access the
    > recovery console.

    This is good advice however I advise running chkdsk in the audit-only mode
    first...viz: a simple chkdsk (without any switches)...
    unless of course there is a current known-good backup

    if there are "a handful of errors" go ahead and run chkdsk /p /r

    *however* if there are hundreds of errors...chkdsk /p /r may perform a
    logical repair leaving hundreds of .chk files.

    in which case , data recovery software may be needed...with the problematic
    drive slaved to another system...

    philo, Aug 14, 2007
  5. v2brothers

    HddRecovery Guest

    You can use data recovery software to recover your lost data which you
    had lost due to blue death of screen. Attached your infected drive as
    a slave then scan your hard drive with Stellar Phoenix Windows Data
    Recovery Software. Scan result will show you the recovered data, if
    you can see your data through demo then get the full version to save.
    Download the demo from: http://www.stellarinfo.com/spwdr.exe
    HddRecovery, Aug 20, 2007