    I works fine on SP3, and I even reloaded the resource kit back onto the
    server.

    Thanks for any input.
    Fuzzy, Aug 27, 2003

  2. Fuzzy

    Marko Guest

    >Hello anybody run into this problem, We have Windows 2000
    server and we
    >updated to SP4 and the RPC patch, after that I can not

    use the
    >"Subinacl.exe", I recieve the error 1783 the Stub

    recieved bad data. any
    >ideas?
    >
    >I works fine on SP3, and I even reloaded the resource kit

    back onto the
    >server.
    >
    >Thanks for any input.

    I guess knowing if SP4 on its own or RPC patch
    installation caused this would help to narrow down the
    possibilities.

    I'm guessing SP4 caused this and I'm guessing it may be a
    security permissions change.

    I noticed some things on my servers could not be done
    after SP3 and it turned out to be permission changes to
    keys that was resolved with regedt32. I changed the
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE tree so that administrators, creator /
    owner and system all had full control. Everybody else
    could read. After propogating this change, my non
    functioning database application started working again. I
    then restored the original permissions and found out that
    the service pack changed the parent permissions for my
    SOFTWARE application keys.
    Marko, Aug 27, 2003