    find an LPR driver to use the printer offline?

    Thanks, and best regards,
    Bob

    zxcvbob, Aug 2, 2004

  2. zxcvbob

    zxcvbob Guest

    zxcvbob wrote:

    > In Windows 98, I could spool printer output with the network cable
    > unplugged by setting the printer "offline". I can't find this option
    > now that I've upgraded to Windows 2000. The printer configuration says
    > says (under the Ports tab) "LAN Manager Printer Port". Do I need to
    > find an LPR driver to use the printer offline?
    >
    > Thanks, and best regards,
    > Bob

    I finally managed to get it. First I tried recreating the printer with
    a local LPT1 port, and then change to port to the LAN manager after the
    output was queued up, but Windows screamed at me that I didn't have
    enough authority to change it (I'm the administrator). I deleted the
    printer and created a new one using a standard TCP/IP port (SNMP), and I
    was able to mark that one to use offline, then put it back online later
    when the network cable was attached.

    Bob

    zxcvbob, Aug 2, 2004