    'feature' of 2000?

    Ian.
    --

    Ian Jackson, May 1, 2005

  2. Ian Jackson

    philo Guest

    Re: Windows 2000 - Problem with changing folder icons (shortcutsOK)

    Ian Jackson wrote:
    > On my own computer, with XP, it's easy to assign new icons to folders or
    > shortcuts.
    >
    > On my works computer, with Windows 2000, I can do it OK for shortcuts,
    > but not for a folder. The option to do it simply isn't there (when you
    > right-click on the folder icon, select Properties etc). However,
    > shortcuts DO have this option.
    >
    > I have looked in Tools, Folder Options, and I can't see anything there
    > which looks useful. Am I missing something, or is this simply a
    > 'feature' of 2000?
    >
    > Ian.

    don't think you are missing anything...
    i've never seen is any other way

    philo, May 1, 2005

  3. Ian Jackson

    Sultan Guest

    Ian Jackson <> wrote in

    > On my own computer, with XP, it's easy to assign new icons to

    folders or
    > shortcuts.
    >
    > On my works computer, with Windows 2000, I can do it OK for

    shortcuts,
    > but not for a folder. The option to do it simply isn't there (when

    you
    > right-click on the folder icon, select Properties etc). However,
    > shortcuts DO have this option.
    >
    > I have looked in Tools, Folder Options, and I can't see anything

    there
    > which looks useful. Am I missing something, or is this simply a
    > 'feature' of 2000?
    >
    > Ian.

    There are a few freeware programs available that will let you do this
    in Windows 2000 like the one here:
    http://www.dirfile.com/folder_icon_changer.htm

    You can Google for more.

    --

    Sultan

    Sultan, May 1, 2005
  4. Ian Jackson

    Ian Jackson Guest

    In message <>, philo
    <> writes
    >Ian Jackson wrote:
    >> On my own computer, with XP, it's easy to assign new icons to folders
    >>or shortcuts.
    >> On my works computer, with Windows 2000, I can do it OK for
    >>shortcuts, but not for a folder. The option to do it simply isn't
    >>there (when you right-click on the folder icon, select Properties
    >>etc). However, shortcuts DO have this option.
    >> I have looked in Tools, Folder Options, and I can't see anything
    >>there which looks useful. Am I missing something, or is this simply a
    >>'feature' of 2000?
    >> Ian.

    >don't think you are missing anything...
    >i've never seen is any other way

    I'll take that as a 'No' and a 'Yes', then!
    Thanks anyway.
    Ian.

    Ian Jackson, May 1, 2005
  5. Ian Jackson

    Ian Jackson Guest

    In message <Xns96495ED6C31F8sultanofcyberhotmail@204.153.244.170>,
    Sultan <> writes
    >Ian Jackson <> wrote in
    >
    >> On my own computer, with XP, it's easy to assign new icons to

    >folders or
    >> shortcuts.
    >>
    >> On my works computer, with Windows 2000, I can do it OK for

    >shortcuts,
    >> but not for a folder. The option to do it simply isn't there (when

    >you
    >> right-click on the folder icon, select Properties etc). However,
    >> shortcuts DO have this option.
    >>
    >> I have looked in Tools, Folder Options, and I can't see anything

    >there
    >> which looks useful. Am I missing something, or is this simply a
    >> 'feature' of 2000?
    >>
    >> Ian.

    >There are a few freeware programs available that will let you do this
    >in Windows 2000 like the one here:
    >http://www.dirfile.com/folder_icon_changer.htm
    >
    >You can Google for more.

    Unfortunately, I can't install any unauthorised stuff on the works
    machine. I'll have to live with things the way they are, but I'll have a
    look at this link. It might be fun for XP. Thanks anyway.
    Cheers,
    Ian.

    Ian Jackson, May 1, 2005