    I'm not sure if i should sit exam 70-270 (XP) or 70-210
    (2000). What is the industry demanding? When will Windows
    2000 pro exams expire?

    simon, Aug 2, 2003

  2. The two exams are identical in terms of certification. You can even use
    70-210 when going for MCSE on Windows Server 2003. Basically, just go with
    whichever OS you know best.

    --
    Aaron Stamboulieh - MCSA, A+

    Aaron Stamboulieh, Aug 3, 2003

  3. simon

    Dude Guest

    I went for the Win2K (70-210) test since I worked with Win2K Pro in a
    business setting far more than WinXP. I work for a large company (in the
    United States) and we don't have immediate plans to move to WinXP (it's in a
    testing phase, right now).

    Also, from what I gather, if you know Win2K, you can acheive a WinXP
    certification with just a little more work. There are differences between
    the two OSs but nothing you can't overcome.
    -----------------------------------

    Dude, Aug 10, 2003
  4. If you have studied for and taken the 70-210, but are curious what you've
    missed in 70-270 ... find the 70-270 book my MSPress and read "what's new in
    WindowsXP" in the first chapter. Things like remote assistance, clear-type
    support, cd burning, fast user switching, and a few other bells and whistles
    are discused ... other than that the book is the same as the 2000 book.

    Clint

    Clint Kennedy, Aug 11, 2003
  5. simon

    Ron Williams Guest

    Hey whats up.

    June 30, 2004 is when most of those exams will expire, so
    hurry up and get in there.
    You can take either or as far as XP or 2000. The thing
    you need to make sure and do is take those Windows 2003
    upgrades...there are only 2 of them. Being 2003
    proficient is the most marketable you can be in this
    industry right now.

    Have any colleagues who need any IT Training in the San
    Diego area, let me know. Good luck to you!!

    Regards,

    Ron Williams

    Ron Williams, Aug 11, 2003