    supposed to take the exams) but haven't had much luck in
    the two or three times I've tried.

    Thanks in advance for any information.
    Adam McKee, Jul 6, 2004

  2. Adam McKee

    Neil Guest

    "Adam McKee" <> wrote in news:26ce201c462f3$18a49230
    $:

    > Does anyone know
    > if I can still take the Windows 2000 MCSE exams

    yes, I do....

    but I'm not sure about your likelyhood of success in the endevour since
    you appear to be unable to use a web browser and point it over to
    www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/mcse (grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr)

    and yes that smacking sound is my head on the table wondering where (or
    what planet) you guys come from...

    --
    Neil MCNGP #30
    Neil, Jul 6, 2004

  3. Adam McKee

    Adam McKee Guest

    You know, I really don't think my post warranted you
    having such a poor attitude. I asked a simple question
    that could simply be answered by someone responding to
    this post, your entire rant about me needing to go to a
    website was completely unnecessary.

    Perhaps you find it easier to talk down to those who
    don't have their MCSE (assuming you have yours already)
    but it's very discouraging to people who are just looking
    for a little guidance. For your information, I had
    already browsed that website, and didn't find a black and
    white answer to my question, so I posted here, as this
    was a link from that website.

    Next time try to post an intelligent response. Oh, and
    use spell checker.

    Adam McKee, Jul 6, 2004
  4. >Next time try to post an intelligent response. Oh, and
    >use spell checker.

    and in addition, maybe *you* should have done a
    search_engine_for_beginners course, or at least a common_sense_for_
    dummies as well!!! Did it not occur to you that microsoft *might*
    already have the answer or that the same [dumb] question has been
    asked a million and one times before now?

    Neil told you where to look, and if you are too ignorant and/or stupid
    to know where to look for yourself, well maybe a change of career is
    in order.

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3
    The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Sphere, Jul 6, 2004
  5. Hi Adam,

    You have taken the MCSE courses but "have not completed any of the exams" after 3 years? Does this mean you have not taken even one of the MCSE exams? If this is the case, you might need to examine yourself if you still have what it takes to get through all the exams to be qualified as MCSE after these three years.

    If your knowledge and experience built around Server 2000 is still fresh and sound, by all means go for Server 2000. However if you need to relearn Server 2000, you might as well go for Server 2003. If you are in the mix, perhaps you might want to try Server 2000 for MCSA and then use it to complete your Server 2003 MCSE track.

    Hope this help.

    Bobby

    =?Utf-8?B?Qm9iYnk=?=, Jul 6, 2004
  6. Adam McKee

    Neil Guest

    "Adam McKee" <> wrote in news:26de601c46314$33e81500
    $:

    > you
    > having such a poor attitude.

    stick around and you'll see why I have gained this attitude. Your
    question has been asked and answered in here just a few times:

    http://groups.google.ca/groups?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8
    &q=MCSE+Discontinued&btnG=Search

    or

    http://tinyurl.com/2ec5u

    > just looking
    > for a little guidance.

    which I gave you...

    > For your information, I had
    > already browsed that website, and didn't find a black and
    > white answer to my question, so I posted here, as this
    > was a link from that website.

    then you REALLLLLLLLLY weren't looking too hard were you. All you had to
    do was click on the link titled "MCSE on Windows 2000" to see that all of
    the exams for the 2000 track still exist (with the execption of 70-240).
    If it was the list of electives you were concerned about, there is a link
    at the top and a list at the bottom of the page of the ones discontinued.
    If you were still unclear, there was a link at the bottom of the page
    that goes to the "discontination of exams" page.

    Even if you were unable to find that answer there a quick google would
    give you:
    http://www.google.ca/search?q=MCSE "Windows 2000"
    +Discontinued&ie=UTF-8&hl=en&meta=

    or

    http://tinyurl.com/3fmad

    which turns up 2500+ hits, many of which would likely give you the info
    you need. harumph...

    > Oh, and
    > use spell checker.

    HAHAHAHA, obviously new here aren't you.
    --
    Neil MCNGP #30
    Neil, Jul 6, 2004
  7. Adam McKee

    Steve Guest

    Why would you go get a cert in Windows 2000 when Windows
    2003 is out now. Study up on the latest version (which is
    similar to win2k anyways)

    Steve, Jul 6, 2004
  8. Adam McKee

    Guest Guest

    stop winging neil that is about all you seem to do these
    days

    Guest, Jul 6, 2004
  9. Adam McKee

    Consultant Guest

    yes, take the exams. a course is not required to take the tests

    Consultant, Jul 6, 2004
  10. >stop winging neil that is about all you seem to do these
    >days

    a bit rich coming from Miss anonymous!

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3
    The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Sphere, Jul 6, 2004
  11. >Why would you go get a cert in Windows 2000 when Windows
    >2003 is out now. Study up on the latest version (which is
    >similar to win2k anyways

    no,no,no go for windows 2005!!!

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3
    The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Sphere, Jul 6, 2004