    dell latitude 610.
    Any help would be great

    chocx

    chocx, Oct 4, 2005

  2. chocx

    SgtMinor Guest

    chocx wrote:
    > I have a new laptop with windows 2000 nt installed as the OS. the domain was
    > setup by my company so i can get access to the company intranet. i changed
    > it to a workgroup and automaticlly detect settings so i could acces my home
    > network. i then rebooted the machine and when i try to log on with my
    > username ...password it says the pass word or domain is wrong. its a new
    > dell latitude 610.
    > Any help would be great
    >
    > chocx

    The password is case sensitive and you hate using the Shift key...

    SgtMinor, Oct 4, 2005

  3. chocx

    chocx Guest

    no its the correct pass with no caps

    chocx, Oct 4, 2005
  4. chocx

    SgtMinor Guest

    chocx wrote:

    > no its the correct pass with no caps
    >

    > "SgtMinor" <> wrote in message
    >> chocx wrote:
    >>> I have a new laptop with windows 2000 nt installed as the OS. the domain
    >>> was setup by my company so i can get access to the company intranet. i
    >>> changed it to a workgroup and automaticlly detect settings so i could
    >>> acces my home network. i then rebooted the machine and when i try to log
    >>> on with my username ...password it says the pass word or domain is wrong.
    >>> its a new dell latitude 610.
    >>> Any help would be great
    >>>
    >>> chocx

    >> The password is case sensitive and you hate using the Shift key...

    The person with administrator access can reset the password.

    SgtMinor, Oct 4, 2005
  5. chocx

    Duane Arnold Guest

    "chocx" <> wrote in

    > I have a new laptop with windows 2000 nt installed as the OS. the
    > domain was setup by my company so i can get access to the company
    > intranet. i changed it to a workgroup and automaticlly detect settings
    > so i could acces my home network. i then rebooted the machine and when
    > i try to log on with my username ...password it says the pass word or
    > domain is wrong. its a new dell latitude 610.
    > Any help would be great

    Well, you should not have changed from Domain to Workgroup so you could
    connect the machine to your network and access resources on the machine.
    When you take the machine back to work and change it back to Domain, you
    will not be able to connect the machine to the Domain, because your user-
    id most likely doesn't have Domain Administrator rights to connect the
    machine to the Domain.

    That means you're going to have to call someone with those rights to
    connect the machine back to the Domain and they will get pissed if you
    call them too much. I suggest you just leave the machine on the Domain
    setting. You should be able to access any shared resources on that
    machine from one of your machines by doing the proper drive letter
    mapping to the resource.

    Why you're getting the error message, I don't know. If the password is
    correct, maybe the account needs that Domain setting.

    Duane :)

    Duane Arnold, Oct 4, 2005
  6. chocx

    why? Guest

    On Mon, 3 Oct 2005 21:10:33 -0400, chocx wrote:

    Another clot. Your works PC is your works PC not a play thing.

    >I have a new laptop with windows 2000 nt installed as the OS. the domain was

    Win 2000 or 2000 NT?

    >setup by my company so i can get access to the company intranet. i changed
    >it to a workgroup and automaticlly detect settings so i could acces my home
    >network. i then rebooted the machine and when i try to log on with my
    >username ...password it says the pass word or domain is wrong. its a new

    When a system is off a domain, there is also a cached (depending on
    setup) profile that lets you logon while disconnected from the company
    LAN.

    Take it back to work.

    >dell latitude 610.
    >Any help would be great

    To join a domain you need to have an account with domain admins rights
    to add a system to the domain or an account with a specific access right
    , called - add workstation to a domain.

    Not even netswitcher will do this because it's a feature of the OS. See
    the notes here -

    http://www.netswitcher.com/v3_faq.htm#DOMAIN
    Can NetSwitcher make my NT4, Windows 2000 or Windows XP Pro be a part of
    more than one NT DOMAIN?

    This is among the most common questions asked, especially from users
    previously running an insecure version of Windows like Win95, 98, or ME.
    Strictly speaking, the answer is NO, your Windows workstation can be a
    member of EXACTLY 0 or 1 NT DOMAIN at any time. If you are a member of
    a domain and you reconfigure for a workgroup or another domain, your
    ability to logon the old domain is lost until the workstation is
    re-joined.

    Read the rest yourself.....

    Take it back to work.

    Me

    why?, Oct 4, 2005
  7. chocx

    Guest

    Well,

    If you experience problems with pass Active@ Password Changer can solve
    this problem. This small tool can easily reset login password. Give it
    a try. Good soft indeed.
    http://www.password-changer.com/

    , Oct 10, 2005