    RAID disk, rather than IDE internal disk. How do I change this? Any
    ideas?
    , Oct 26, 2009

  2. why? Guest

    On Mon, 26 Oct 2009 09:21:45 -0700 (PDT),
    wrote:

    Given up with the other thread?

    You didn't say what RAID level it was, may not help however.

    Nor if it was software only, hardware?

    >Can use Ghost to from one physical disk (RAID array) to internal IDE
    >but I get the STOP error with UNBOOTABLE DEVICE.
    >
    >Checked Boot.ini and it seems to point to correct disk. Booted from
    >CD
    >into Recovery mode and ran FIXMBR and FIXBOOT but no difference.

    The Win image you made will have the RAID device drivers installed. The
    boot sector stuff won't help with that. Windows config thinks the RAID
    is still there.

    >I'm guessing that something is telling windows that its boot disk is
    >RAID disk, rather than IDE internal disk. How do I change this? Any
    >ideas?

    Don't have a fix, best bet is searching www.google.com and find a
    utility the may help.

    Me
    why?, Oct 26, 2009

  3. chuckcar Guest

    "" <> wrote in

    > Can use Ghost to from one physical disk (RAID array) to internal IDE
    > but I get the STOP error with UNBOOTABLE DEVICE.
    >
    > Checked Boot.ini and it seems to point to correct disk. Booted from
    > CD
    > into Recovery mode and ran FIXMBR and FIXBOOT but no difference.
    >
    > I'm guessing that something is telling windows that its boot disk is
    > RAID disk, rather than IDE internal disk. How do I change this? Any
    > ideas?

    Actually *installing* windows 2000 properly to the computer with the
    changed hardware would be a good start. Windows 2000 does *not* like
    messing with it's drives to put it mildly.

    --
    (setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )
    chuckcar, Oct 26, 2009
  4. Guest

    On Oct 26, 8:49 pm, chuckcar <> wrote:
    > "" <> wrote innews::
    >
    > > Can use Ghost to from one physical disk (RAID array) to internal IDE
    > > but I get the STOP error with UNBOOTABLE DEVICE.

    > > Checked Boot.ini and it seems to point to correct disk. Booted from
    > > CD
    > > into Recovery mode and ran FIXMBR and FIXBOOT but no difference.

    > > I'm guessing that something is telling windows that its boot disk is
    > > RAID disk, rather than IDE internal disk. How do I change this? Any
    > > ideas?

    > Actually *installing* windows 2000 properly to the computer with the
    > changed hardware would be a good start. Windows 2000 does *not* like
    > messing with it's drives to put it mildly.
    >
    > --
    > (setq (chuck nil)  car(chuck) )

    Yeh. Re-install would be a pain.
    , Oct 27, 2009
  5. Guest

    On Oct 27, 2:06 pm, Meat Plow <> wrote:
    > On Mon, 26 Oct 2009 09:21:45 -0700 (PDT), ""
    > <>wrote:
    >
    > >Can use Ghost to from one physical disk (RAID array) to internal IDE
    > >but I get the STOP error with UNBOOTABLE DEVICE.

    > >Checked Boot.ini and it seems to point to correct disk. Booted from
    > >CD
    > >into Recovery mode and ran FIXMBR and FIXBOOT but no difference.

    > >I'm guessing that something is telling windows that its boot disk is
    > >RAID disk, rather than IDE internal disk. How do I change this? Any
    > >ideas?

    > My expert answer depends on what type array you have.

    Hardware RAID card in machine.
    , Oct 27, 2009
  6. Guest

    On Oct 27, 2:50 pm, Meat Plow <> wrote:
    > On Tue, 27 Oct 2009 07:07:52 -0700 (PDT), ""
    > <>wrote:
    >

    > >On Oct 27, 2:06?pm, Meat Plow <> wrote:

    > >> My expert answer depends on what type array you have.

    > >Hardware RAID card in machine.

    > Cannot create a bootable image from a RAID container using Ghost as
    > far as I know. Download a trial of Acronis True Image or a warez
    > version and try it. Do some research using Google and read up.- Hide quoted text -

    Yeah. We got Acronis workstation (licensed version) but of course, its
    no good for windows 2000 server.
    , Oct 27, 2009
  7. chuckcar Guest

    "" <> wrote in

    > On Oct 26, 8:49 pm, chuckcar <> wrote:
    >> "" <> wrote
    >> innews:538c

    > :
    >>
    >> > Can use Ghost to from one physical disk (RAID array) to internal IDE
    >> > but I get the STOP error with UNBOOTABLE DEVICE.

    >> > Checked Boot.ini and it seems to point to correct disk. Booted from
    >> > CD
    >> > into Recovery mode and ran FIXMBR and FIXBOOT but no difference.

    >> > I'm guessing that something is telling windows that its boot disk is
    >> > RAID disk, rather than IDE internal disk. How do I change this? Any
    >> > ideas?

    >> Actually *installing* windows 2000 properly to the computer with the
    >> changed hardware would be a good start. Windows 2000 does *not* like
    >> messing with it's drives to put it mildly.
    >>

    > Yeh. Re-install would be a pain.

    Well, as my point stated, I doubt there's a choice. You *can't* remove and
    then detect hard drives with 2000. That would be the only way of fixing your
    problem. The problem is that once you remove the drives, 2000 no longer can
    boot *at* *all*.

    --
    (setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )
    chuckcar, Oct 28, 2009