    central PC running WIN2000?

    thanx
    jd

    Jimmy Dean, Apr 16, 2004

  2. Jimmy Dean wrote:

    > What's the best way to share an internet connection (satellite) from a
    > central PC running WIN2000?
    >
    > thanx
    > jd

    Network the two to a router with built-in firewall. Well, you did ask
    the best way.

    =?UTF-8?B?UGFsaW5kcuKYu21l?=, Apr 16, 2004

  3. Jimmy Dean

    why? Guest

    On Sat, 17 Apr 2004 00:11:04 +1000, Jimmy Dean wrote:

    >What's the best way to share an internet connection (satellite) from a
    >central PC running WIN2000?

    As Palindr?me said.

    Me

    why?, Apr 16, 2004
  4. Jimmy Dean

    Jimmy Dean Guest

    On Fri, 16 Apr 2004 15:13:32 +0100, Palindr?me <>
    wrote:

    >Jimmy Dean wrote:
    >
    >> What's the best way to share an internet connection (satellite) from a
    >> central PC running WIN2000?
    >>
    >> thanx
    >> jd

    >Network the two to a router with built-in firewall. Well, you did ask
    >the best way.

    Does Win2000 have built-in ICS like XP does?

    jd

    Jimmy Dean, Apr 17, 2004
  5. Jimmy Dean

    why? Guest

    On Sat, 17 Apr 2004 10:17:59 +1000, Jimmy Dean wrote:

    >On Fri, 16 Apr 2004 15:13:32 +0100, Palindr?me <>
    >wrote:
    >
    >>Jimmy Dean wrote:
    >>
    >>> What's the best way to share an internet connection (satellite) from a
    >>> central PC running WIN2000?
    >>>
    >>> thanx
    >>> jd

    >>Network the two to a router with built-in firewall. Well, you did ask
    >>the best way.

    >Does Win2000 have built-in ICS like XP does?

    Start / Help -
    ( Type in the keyword to find: )

    internet connection sharing

    leads to -

    Enable and configure Internet connection sharing :

    Enable Internet connection sharing on a network connection
    Configure Internet connection sharing for applications and services
    Configure Internet options for Internet connection sharing

    select the 1st one, see the notes.

    To enable Internet connection sharing on a network connection

    Open Network and Dial-up Connections.
    Right-click the dial-up, VPN, or incoming connection you want to share,
    and then click Properties.
    On the Sharing tab, select the Enable Internet connection sharing for
    this connection check box.

    or

    http://www.google.com/search?q=windows 2000 ics

    Me