WINDOWS 2000 Administrator Problem

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by input/output, Jun 14, 2005.

  1. input/output

    input/output Guest

    Hi everyone
    Ive got a small problem that i think should be easy to solve with al
    the smartheads in here..

    I got Windows 2000 Service Pack 3 installed on my computer, i
    currently in a network domain.

    As an administrator, i assigned a user to have adminstrator rights a
    well.
    This was done because the user could not install any software and get
    the message: ''1644: U dont have sufficient priveleges to complete th
    installation. Log on as administrator and then try reinstall''

    Now i made the user to have ''administrative rights'' and put him i
    the Administrator Group as well.

    Now when the user tries to install sumtin, he still gets the faul
    message.
    Even if i gave him administrator rights

    Anyone have a clue how to fix this

    Thankyou

    Jone

    --
    input/outpu
    input/output's Profile: http://www.iamnotageek.com/member.php?userid=1378

    input/output, Jun 14, 2005

  2. input/output

    chip Guest

    "input/output" <> wrote in
    message news:...

    > Hi everyone,
    > Ive got a small problem that i think should be easy to solve with all
    > the smartheads in here...
    >
    > I got Windows 2000 Service Pack 3 installed on my computer, im
    > currently in a network domain.
    >
    > As an administrator, i assigned a user to have adminstrator rights as
    > well.
    > This was done because the user could not install any software and gets
    > the message: ''1644: U dont have sufficient priveleges to complete the
    > installation. Log on as administrator and then try reinstall''
    >
    > Now i made the user to have ''administrative rights'' and put him in
    > the Administrator Group as well.
    >
    > Now when the user tries to install sumtin, he still gets the fault
    > message.
    > Even if i gave him administrator rights.
    >
    > Anyone have a clue how to fix this?
    >
    > Thankyou!
    >
    > Jones

    yeah, you have to add them to the local administrators group on the PC(s)
    they are trying to install the software on. you do this by going start >
    settings > user accounts you may have to log in at this stage (they should
    be able to use there login) so it will be DOMAIN\USER then there password in
    the box. then add user type there username and the domain click next assign
    them to administrator and click finish, log off log back on and it should be
    sorted

    Hope it helps!!

    chip, Jun 14, 2005