  1. All of a sudden my computer is taking too long to shut down, sometimes
    more than five(5) minutes and as long as fifteen (15) minutes to shut
    down is there something I can do to cure this
    Dennis Blackwell, Mar 25, 2008

  2. Dennis Blackwell

    why? Guest

    On Tue, 25 Mar 2008 13:43:51 -0400, Dennis Blackwell wrote:

    >All of a sudden my computer is taking too long to shut down, sometimes
    >more than five(5) minutes and as long as fifteen (15) minutes to shut

    Are the numbers likely to change from five to (5) while the post moves
    around?

    >down is there something I can do to cure this

    At the risk of repeating mysef, oh darn, and others.

    Search past posts in 24HSHD, there I go again,
    look for windows xp shutdown issues

    Skipping all there here are the usual sites mentioned,

    =====================================
    XP sites and articles like -

    http://www.theeldergeek.com/
    http://www.aumha.org/

    =====================================
    From an Unk post -

    Windows XP Restarts When You Try to Shut Down Your Computer
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=311806

    Windows XP Shutdown & Restart Troubleshooting
    http://www.aumha.org/a/shtdwnxp.htm

    "Windows Shutdown & Restart Center Troubleshooting in 15 Steps"
    http://aumha.org/win4/a/shutdown.htm

    "It is Now Safe to Turn Off Your Computer" Error Message When You Try to
    Shut Down Your WinXP,
    Win2000 Computer. http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=810903

    Resources to Help Troubleshoot Shutdown Problems in Windows XP
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=308029

    You cannot log off, restart, or shut down your Windows XP-based computer
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=831431

    Windows stops responding during Windows XP shut down
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=307274

    You May Not Be Able to Shut Down Your Windows XP Computer
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=320008

    Boot or shutdown problems after Service Pack 2 installation
    http://www.michna.com/kb/WxSP2.htm#Boot_or_shutdown_problems_after_Se...

    Which is pretty much the same list as many other posts as it's reposted
    so many times.
    =======================================
    XP Shutdown
    Jim Eshelman's Windows XP Shutdown & Restart Troubleshooting
    http://aumha.org/win5/a/shtdwnxp.htm Resources to Help Troubleshoot
    Shutdown Problems in Windows ...
    Oct 12 2003, 12:20 pm by °Mike° - 6 messages - 4 authors

    xp shutdown
    .... resource for all shutdown related issues is MVP Jim Eshelman's
    Shutdown Troubleshooter
    at www.aumha.org/a/shutdown.htm His page for XP shutdown specifically is
    Oct 14 2002, 11:24 am by Ron Martell - 8 messages - 7 authors

    XP shutdown
    .... Bob Resources to Help Troubleshoot Shutdown Problems in Windows XP
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=308029 Windows XP
    Shutdown & Restart ...
    Sep 27 2003, 12:36 am by °Mike° - 8 messages - 6 authors

    Me

    That's the lists posted again.

    Me
    why?, Mar 25, 2008