    What can I do?

    In Unity
    teak
    teak, Sep 15, 2007

  2. teak

    Tom Benoit Guest

    What model Seagate HD did you buy?
    This is neccessary for diagnosing the problem.
    Also, HD's are HD's...they will all take whatever file system you decide to
    format them with.

    Tom Benoit, Sep 15, 2007

  3. teak

    Gerard Bok Guest

    On Sat, 15 Sep 2007 05:27:25 -0700, teak <>
    wrote:

    >For some starnge reason I cannot put Windows on my new Hard Drive. I
    >believe my mistake was gett a NTSF HD, not FAT 32. It is a Seagate
    >NTSF and for some reason resists FORMATTING and FDISK. It will not
    >take windows XP in a Normal FAshion and even dumps Programs.
    >What can I do?

    Put your Windows CD in the drive.
    Boot from it.
    Accept Windows' suggestions.

    (And report here if it still doesn't work :)

    You may, however have bought a drive that is bigger than your
    motherboard supports.
    In that case you either need a bios upgrade, a fix from the
    drive's manufacturer, or a more modern motherboard.

    --
    Kind regards,
    Gerard Bok
    Gerard Bok, Sep 15, 2007
  4. teak

    teak Guest

    On Sep 15, 2:06 pm, (Gerard Bok) wrote:
    > On Sat, 15 Sep 2007 05:27:25 -0700, teak <>
    > wrote:
    >
    > >For some starnge reason I cannot put Windows on my new Hard Drive. I
    > >believe my mistake was gett a NTSF HD, not FAT 32. It is a Seagate
    > >NTSF and for some reason resists FORMATTING and FDISK. It will not
    > >take windows XP in a Normal FAshion and even dumps Programs.
    > >What can I do?

    > Put your Windows CD in the drive.
    > Boot from it.
    > Accept Windows' suggestions.
    >
    > (And report here if it still doesn't work :)
    >
    > You may, however have bought a drive that is bigger than your
    > motherboard supports.
    > In that case you either need a bios upgrade, a fix from the
    > drive's manufacturer, or a more modern motherboard.
    >
    > --
    > Kind regards,
    > Gerard Bok

    No doubt, your absolutely right. Though my mother borad is brand new,
    it must be that this board can hamdle little in the way of Windows.. I
    put in a 60 G HD, and it seems to download. Thanks

    Teak
    teak, Sep 19, 2007
  5. teak wrote:
    > For some starnge reason I cannot put Windows on my new Hard Drive. I
    > believe my mistake was gett a NTSF HD, not FAT 32. It is a Seagate
    > NTSF and for some reason resists FORMATTING and FDISK. It will not
    > take windows XP in a Normal FAshion and even dumps Programs.
    > What can I do?
    >
    > In Unity
    > teak

    It could be defective. Can you reformat the drive in the early stages of
    the XP install? Be aware the XP Pro requires NTFS.
    middle_class_warrior, Sep 22, 2007