    relevant anymore with more advanced os? How and Can I create a startup disk
    in window xp?

    Thanks

    Raymond, Oct 15, 2003

  2. Raymond

    Newt Guest

    "Raymond" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > How relevant is startup disk when you use window xp? Is startup disk

    still
    > relevant anymore with more advanced os? How and Can I create a startup

    disk
    > in window xp?
    >
    > Thanks

    Your XP CD is bootable and can be used the same way as a you used the old
    floppy boot disk. Recovery Console etc.....
    If you wish to make a floppy boot disk. In windows explorer, right click on
    the A:drive (with disk in drive) choose FORMAT in OPTIONS choose Creata
    MSDOS startup disk.

    HTH
    Sim

    Newt, Oct 15, 2003

  3. Raymond

    Blam Guest

    Keep one around just incase and make sure it has format and fdisk on it. If
    you ever need to do something to an xp machine it'll be the only one that
    works well.

    Blam, Oct 22, 2003