    quickly to another window in Windows XP?
    When my boss is prowling round it always seems to take ages to click on a
    different screen
    Mikey, Feb 1, 2006

  2. Alt+Tab is what I used to use (in the olden days when I was an employee).

    John Rampling, Feb 1, 2006

  3. Mikey

    Guest

    I'm not sure about turning off the monitor (unless it's a laptop in
    which case there are keyboard short cuts to do that) but I know for a
    fact that Alt+Tab works very effectively in switching between windows
    on XP. Hold Alt and keep hitting Tab if the first window it goes to
    isn't the one you were shooting for.
    , Feb 1, 2006
  4. Mikey

    Eli Coten Guest

    wrote:
    > I'm not sure about turning off the monitor (unless it's a laptop in
    > which case there are keyboard short cuts to do that) but I know for a
    > fact that Alt+Tab works very effectively in switching between windows
    > on XP. Hold Alt and keep hitting Tab if the first window it goes to
    > isn't the one you were shooting for.

    You can also use ALT + ESCAPE - in a similar way to ALT+TAB. ALT ESCAPE
    is very useful when you can't use the taskbar becuase of some open
    dialog that demands your attention.

    Try both ALT+TAB and ALT+ESCAPE and you will see they are useful for
    different situations.

    Eli

    Eli Coten, Feb 1, 2006