    64bit version in C:\Program File. I wonder if there are any differences in
    these two version and some reason why microsoft chose 32bit version as
    default.

    canixs, Feb 22, 2007

  2. canixs

    Stuart Guest

    Read here:
    http://www.windows-now.com/blogs/chris123nt/archive/2006/10/10/WMP-on-Vista-x64.aspx

    Stuart, Feb 22, 2007

  3. canixs

    Aaron Kelley Guest

    I made myself a shortcut to the 64-bit version and it works fine for my
    music and stuff.
    Keep in mind that 32-bit codecs will only work in the 32-bit version.

    - Aaron

    Aaron Kelley, Feb 22, 2007
  4. I tried it and I received a messaged that said that "Windows cannot find
    'C:\WINDOWS\system32\unregmp2.exe'. Make sure you typed the name correctly,
    and then try again. To search for a file, click the Start button, and then
    click Search." WMP 10 (I much prefer v 9) was installed in my computer when
    I installed X64, so if the file isn't there, it wasn't on the installation
    disk.

    --
    ~ If you don't know where you came from, you won't know where you're going.

    =?Utf-8?B?RGVuaXNl?=, Feb 23, 2007
  5. canixs

    canixs Guest

    I just found out that if you switch WMP to 64bit by default, any online
    store that use flash won't be able to install their software for example
    URGE.

    canixs, Feb 23, 2007