    what can i do.....

    I found that i cannot use my friend Window XP CD,
    it tells me that my cd key wasn't work....
    Antony Lee \(Intec Industries Co. Ltd.\), Oct 25, 2003

  2. Antony Lee \(Intec Industries Co. Ltd.\)

    Harrison Guest

    1. Buy Windows
    2. Download a free Linux distribution
    3. Download and install Windows from some *other* source..nudge,
    nudge, wink, wink...say no more.

    There's always a good discussion or two on this very topic over in
    alt.binaries.cd.image, but you'll need to bone up on binaries a bit
    before you make the trip.

    Harrison, Oct 25, 2003

  3. Antony Lee \(Intec Industries Co. Ltd.\)

    Ron Martell Guest

    wrote:

    >I have a dell computer running Window XP,
    >and I have lost the recover CD,
    >and they refuse to replace it ..
    >
    >it have been down,
    >what can i do.....

    What specific problems are you having? The Dell CD might not be
    necessary in order to get solve them.

    Ron Martell Duncan B.C. Canada
    --
    Microsoft MVP
    On-Line Help Computer Service

    Ron Martell, Oct 25, 2003
  4. Antony Lee \(Intec Industries Co. Ltd.\)

    Jerry G. Guest

    This is the reason why we tell our clients to keep a full system backup on
    another drive, or some type of media. Always put your master CD copy of your
    operating system in a safe place.

    You will be stuck to purchase a new copy of XP and re-register. I've had a
    few clients that had to re-buy copies because they lost their original.
    Each copy has a unique serial number, and this is why they cannot give you
    another copy. You will have to purchase it from the manufacturer of your
    computer, if you want it matched. Many of the name brand manufactures offer
    features in their copies to match to their BIOS, and hardware type.

    The other solution is if you own a copy of 98, you can run on it. But, you
    will be using an operating system that is not going to be supported very
    well, and is older. It will lack many of the features that XP has. Also, if
    your machine is a 4P, the positive thing is that on 98 it will run faster.

    I would not advise going the pirate route, because you will have problems
    with the updates, and with the security issues. You also do not want to be
    using an illegal copy in your machine.

    --

    Greetings,

    Jerry Greenberg GLG Technologies GLG
    WebPage http://www.zoom-one.com

    "Antony Lee (Intec Industries Co. Ltd.)" <> wrote in
    message news:bnck7t$...

    Jerry G., Oct 25, 2003
  5. Antony Lee \(Intec Industries Co. Ltd.\)

    °Mike° Guest

    So, you advocate theft, too? That's interesting.

    On Fri, 24 Oct 2003 23:09:13 -0400, in
    <>
    Harrison scrawled:

    <snip>

    >3. Download and install Windows from some *other* source..nudge,
    >nudge, wink, wink...say no more.

    <snip>

    --
    Basic computer maintenance
    °Mike°, Oct 25, 2003
  6. Alexander Rogge, Oct 25, 2003
  7. Antony Lee \(Intec Industries Co. Ltd.\)

    EricP Guest

    Ltd.\)" <> wrote:

    >I have a dell computer running Window XP,
    >and I have lost the recover CD,
    >and they refuse to replace it ..

    Strange, provided you have proof of purchase they should help if they
    can. It might have been better to tell them it was damaged.

    EricP, Oct 25, 2003
  8. Antony Lee \(Intec Industries Co. Ltd.\)

    slumpy Guest

    threw back my head and roared with laughter as Antony Lee (Intec
    Industries Co. Ltd.) continued:

    > I have a dell computer running Window XP,
    > and I have lost the recover CD,
    > and they refuse to replace it ..
    >
    > it have been down,
    > what can i do.....
    >
    > I found that i cannot use my friend Window XP CD,
    > it tells me that my cd key wasn't work....

    Simple.
    Don't lose the discs, or don't buy pirate copies, expect them to work,
    and ask here (tinh)
    --
    slumpy
    no more
    slumpy, Oct 25, 2003
  9. Antony Lee \(Intec Industries Co. Ltd.\)

    tipster Guest

    That is total bullshit... Everyone i know has the same # for XP, just type
    inFCKGW-RHQQ2-YXRKT-8TG6W-2B7Q8. and you are in;...

    tipster

    tipster, Oct 25, 2003