Wincows Media player refuses to play audio from Channel Africa

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Rock Gibbons, Feb 26, 2007.

  1. Rock Gibbons

    Rock Gibbons Guest

    Good day mates,

    Here is the error message I get when I try to listen to the news in
    English on this site:www.channelafric.org

    "Windows Media Player cannot play the file because a network error
    occurred. The server might not be available. Verify that you are
    connected to the network and that your proxy settings are correct."

    I did all that. It plays fine on WMP version 10 on my main computer.

    Yet on version 11, it doesn't seem to like "MMS" format.

    I have them both configured the same, but the latest version won't
    play it. I can hear France, Germany, New Zealand, Australia, and just
    about everywhere else excpt for china, Taiwan, and
    www.Channelafrica.org

    Anyone know of any media players that handle "MSS" format easily?
    Rock Gibbons, Feb 26, 2007

  2. Rock Gibbons wrote:

    > Good day mates,
    >
    > Here is the error message I get when I try to listen to the news in
    > English on this site:www.channelafric.org
    >
    > "Windows Media Player cannot play the file because a network error
    > occurred. The server might not be available. Verify that you are
    > connected to the network and that your proxy settings are correct."
    >
    > I did all that. It plays fine on WMP version 10 on my main computer.
    >
    > Yet on version 11, it doesn't seem to like "MMS" format.

    Well, my totem on mandriva linux plays it just fine :)

    Walter Mautner, Feb 27, 2007