    be accessed. For instance it will not allow me to edit my photos. I have
    emailed Winantivirus at least 6 times but they do not answer. Any
    suggestions would be appreciated.
    Keri Morgan, Apr 5, 2006

  2. Keri Morgan

    Jimchip Guest

    On 2006-04-05, Keri Morgan <> wrote:
    > Some time ago I downloaded Winantivirus2004 but found it incompitible with
    > the antivirus already on my computer. Since uninstalling it I now get a
    > pop-up appearing on my screen when starting up telling me some files cannot
    > be accessed. For instance it will not allow me to edit my photos. I have
    > emailed Winantivirus at least 6 times but they do not answer. Any
    > suggestions would be appreciated.

    You're wasting your time trying to get in touch with them.

    Here's one site I'm thinking of adding to my 'list':
    http://www.michaelhorowitz.com/malwarelinks.html

    --
    Kilmer to De Niro in "Heat":
    "When are you going to make your list?"
    Jimchip, Apr 5, 2006

  3. Keri Morgan

    john Guest

    I would suggest you try avast antivirus hom free edition

    or AVG free
    free.grisoft.com/

    --
    Kenny - www.ComputerBoom.com

    -Arthur C. Clarke

    john, Apr 5, 2006
  4. Keri Morgan

    Mara Guest

    On Wed, 5 Apr 2006 10:33:29 +0100, "Keri Morgan" <>
    wrote:

    >Some time ago I downloaded Winantivirus2004 but found it incompitible with
    >the antivirus already on my computer. Since uninstalling it I now get a
    >pop-up appearing on my screen when starting up telling me some files cannot
    >be accessed. For instance it will not allow me to edit my photos. I have
    >emailed Winantivirus at least 6 times but they do not answer. Any
    >suggestions would be appreciated.

    I believe I've said this before, but people don't seem to be catching on, so
    I'll say it again:

    Winantivirus is not a legitimate antivirus. It's a scam, it's spyware, and it'll
    *add* more crap to your system. See this link:

    http://www.rubber-ducky.org/carolynsboards/read.php?f=11&i=98380&t=98380

    among many others at google, and you'll see that it's NOT something anyone wants
    on their computer.

    Download, update, and use:

    AdAware SE Personal
    Spybot Search & Destroy
    SpywareBlaster

    And also use the online scanner at:

    http://makeashorterlink.com/?D2D1459EC

    (All free)

    to get rid of the debris left over from it, after you uninstall it.

    --
    <u-steve> convo seems to have died off
    * u-steve holds convo in arms and cries "WHY?!?! GHOD, OH WHY?!?!"
    Mara, Apr 5, 2006
  5. Keri Morgan

    Jimchip Guest

    On 2006-04-05, Mara <> wrote:
    > On Wed, 5 Apr 2006 10:33:29 +0100, "Keri Morgan" <>
    > wrote:
    >
    >>Some time ago I downloaded Winantivirus2004 but found it incompitible with
    >>the antivirus already on my computer. Since uninstalling it I now get a
    >>pop-up appearing on my screen when starting up telling me some files cannot
    >>be accessed. For instance it will not allow me to edit my photos. I have
    >>emailed Winantivirus at least 6 times but they do not answer. Any
    >>suggestions would be appreciated.

    > I believe I've said this before, but people don't seem to be catching on, so
    > I'll say it again:
    >
    > Winantivirus is not a legitimate antivirus. It's a scam, it's spyware, and it'll
    > *add* more crap to your system. See this link:

    It's a Russian plot!

    > http://www.rubber-ducky.org/carolynsboards/read.php?f=11&i=98380&t=98380
    >
    > among many others at google, and you'll see that it's NOT something anyone wants
    > on their computer.
    >
    > Download, update, and use:
    >
    > AdAware SE Personal
    > Spybot Search & Destroy
    > SpywareBlaster
    >
    > And also use the online scanner at:
    >
    > http://makeashorterlink.com/?D2D1459EC
    >
    > (All free)
    >
    > to get rid of the debris left over from it, after you uninstall it.

    --
    Now, there's a nice little list: "De Niro: When I get around to it"
    Jimchip, Apr 5, 2006
  6. Keri Morgan wrote:

    > Some time ago I downloaded Winantivirus2004 but found it incompitible
    > with the antivirus already on my computer.

    ...and whether or not it was a legitimate a-v program, you should never
    be running more than one at a time.

    --
    -bts
    -Warning: I brake for lawn deer
    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Apr 5, 2006
  7. Keri Morgan

    Whiskers Guest

    On 2006-04-05, Beauregard T. Shagnasty <> wrote:
    > Keri Morgan wrote:
    >
    >> Some time ago I downloaded Winantivirus2004 but found it incompitible
    >> with the antivirus already on my computer.

    > ..and whether or not it was a legitimate a-v program, you should never
    > be running more than one at a time.

    That's debateable; no one anti-virus program is perfect and infallible, but
    having more than one will improve your protection.

    Don't have them all scanning everything at the same time though, or your
    computer will be too busy to do anything else (which is 'secure', but not
    useful). Instead, have one 'scanning' things as they come in, and use the
    other(s) to scan the whole system periodically to catch things the 'main'
    one might have missed.

    Get Anti-spyware and adware detectors too. Or stop using Windows ;))

    --
    -- ^^^^^^^^^^
    -- Whiskers
    Whiskers, Apr 5, 2006
  8. Keri Morgan

    Mara Guest

    http://makeashorterlink.com/?N20B169EC

    Mara, Apr 5, 2006
  9. Keri Morgan

    ellis_jay Guest

    Jimchip wrote:
    > On 2006-04-05, Keri Morgan <> wrote:
    >> Some time ago I downloaded Winantivirus2004 but found it
    >> incompitible with the antivirus already on my computer. Since
    >> uninstalling it I now get a pop-up appearing on my screen when
    >> starting up telling me some files cannot be accessed. For instance
    >> it will not allow me to edit my photos. I have emailed Winantivirus
    >> at least 6 times but they do not answer. Any suggestions would be
    >> appreciated.

    > You're wasting your time trying to get in touch with them.
    >
    > Here's one site I'm thinking of adding to my 'list':
    > http://www.michaelhorowitz.com/malwarelinks.html

    Forget about Aluria now that they have aligned with WhenU and Savenow, both
    of which have been removed from their "lists". Do a Google on this issue.

    --
    I don't know what's more pathetic, Jack Abramoff's sleaze or Republican
    paralysis in the face of it. Abramoff walks out of a D.C. courthouse in

    That's a great G.O.P. talking point: some Democrats are so sleazy, they
    get involved with the likes of us.

    _______David Brooks

    Ellis_Jay
    ellis_jay, Apr 5, 2006
  10. Keri Morgan

    Shep© Guest

    On Wed, 5 Apr 2006 10:33:29 +0100 There are so many copies and so few
    originals "Keri Morgan" <> sent this :

    >Some time ago I downloaded Winantivirus2004 but found it incompitible with
    >the antivirus already on my computer. Since uninstalling it I now get a
    >pop-up appearing on my screen when starting up telling me some files cannot
    >be accessed. For instance it will not allow me to edit my photos. I have
    >emailed Winantivirus at least 6 times but they do not answer. Any
    >suggestions would be appreciated.

    Remove it and,
    http://www.geocities.com/sheppola/secure.html

    HTH :)

    --
    Free Windows/PC help,
    Shep©, Apr 5, 2006
  11. Keri Morgan

    Jimchip Guest

    On 2006-04-05, Shep© <> wrote:
    > On Wed, 5 Apr 2006 10:33:29 +0100 There are so many copies and so few
    > originals "Keri Morgan" <> sent this :
    >
    >>Some time ago I downloaded Winantivirus2004 but found it incompitible with
    >>the antivirus already on my computer. Since uninstalling it I now get a
    >>pop-up appearing on my screen when starting up telling me some files cannot
    >>be accessed. For instance it will not allow me to edit my photos. I have
    >>emailed Winantivirus at least 6 times but they do not answer. Any
    >>suggestions would be appreciated.
    >>

    > Remove it and,
    > http://www.geocities.com/sheppola/secure.html

    You know, that's not a bad page, Shep. You're on my 'list', but I'm not
    going back to your 'page' (nor recommending 'it') because I hate
    'geocities/yahoo crap'. (call it 'personal bias', IMO, etc,etc)

    Now, I don't have anybody in 'mind' but can't you spend a *few* extra
    dollars to 'move' it?

    --
    IMO, get out the sewer, you're better than that!
    Jimchip, Apr 6, 2006
  12. Keri Morgan

    Shep© Guest

    On Wed, 05 Apr 2006 23:47:05 -0000 There are so many copies and so few
    originals Jimchip <> sent this :

    >On 2006-04-05, Shep© <> wrote:
    >> On Wed, 5 Apr 2006 10:33:29 +0100 There are so many copies and so few
    >> originals "Keri Morgan" <> sent this :
    >>
    >>>Some time ago I downloaded Winantivirus2004 but found it incompitible with
    >>>the antivirus already on my computer. Since uninstalling it I now get a
    >>>pop-up appearing on my screen when starting up telling me some files cannot
    >>>be accessed. For instance it will not allow me to edit my photos. I have
    >>>emailed Winantivirus at least 6 times but they do not answer. Any
    >>>suggestions would be appreciated.
    >>>

    >> Remove it and,
    >> http://www.geocities.com/sheppola/secure.html

    >You know, that's not a bad page, Shep. You're on my 'list', but I'm not
    >going back to your 'page' (nor recommending 'it') because I hate
    >'geocities/yahoo crap'. (call it 'personal bias', IMO, etc,etc)
    >
    >Now, I don't have anybody in 'mind' but can't you spend a *few* extra
    >dollars to 'move' it?

    How can I say this politely<grin>.............

    FFS Sake.One click to close a window and years of research for free
    and you Whinge and
    Wine!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    I charge £75($100) call out local and you is gettin' it 4 free.No
    popups on me call-outs ;-)

    Want me number?

    --
    Free Windows/PC help,
    Shep©, Apr 6, 2006
  13. Keri Morgan

    Jimchip Guest

    On 2006-04-06, Shep© <> wrote:
    > On Wed, 05 Apr 2006 23:47:05 -0000 There are so many copies and so few
    > originals Jimchip <> sent this :
    >
    >>On 2006-04-05, Shep© <> wrote:
    >>> On Wed, 5 Apr 2006 10:33:29 +0100 There are so many copies and so few
    >>> originals "Keri Morgan" <> sent this :

    >>> Remove it and,
    >>> http://www.geocities.com/sheppola/secure.html

    >>You know, that's not a bad page, Shep. You're on my 'list', but I'm not
    >>going back to your 'page' (nor recommending 'it') because I hate
    >>'geocities/yahoo crap'. (call it 'personal bias', IMO, etc,etc)
    >>
    >>Now, I don't have anybody in 'mind' but can't you spend a *few* extra
    >>dollars to 'move' it?

    > How can I say this politely<grin>.............

    I said 'what I said' as *politely* as I know how.

    > FFS Sake.One click to close a window and years of research for free
    > and you Whinge and

    'One click' might be *all it takes*...get your own, you deserve it.

    --
    "I thought I was being 'clear' without being 'boorish'
    Jimchip, Apr 6, 2006
  14. Keri Morgan

    Dan Evans Guest

    "Shep©" <> wrote in message

    > I charge £75($100) call out local and you is gettin' it 4 free.No
    > popups on me call-outs ;-)

    so 10 quid registration and 20 quid a month hosting would be nothing then.

    Dan

    Dan Evans, Apr 6, 2006