    I liked the old Winamp & wondered if there's now a better basic program
    to do the same thing (ie playlists etc)

    Dont really want to use MS Media player

    S Roby, Aug 26, 2005

  2. S Roby

    XP Guest

    On Fri, 26 Aug 2005 05:54:03 GMT, le (S Roby) wrote:

    >Hi. Whats a good Winamp type mp3 player for Xp
    >I liked the old Winamp & wondered if there's now a better basic program
    >to do the same thing (ie playlists etc)
    >
    >Dont really want to use MS Media player

    I like this one supports all codecs.

    http://www.quinnware.com/

    If you wish to find one yourself here is a Large list.

    http://www.dailymp3.com/players.html

    One that I use is not on the list, it used to be stated that it was better
    than Winamp, I will post the name when I can remember it..

    XP, Aug 26, 2005

  3. S Roby

    Squirrel Guest

    On Fri, 26 Aug 2005 05:54:03 GMT, le (S Roby) wrote:

    >Hi. Whats a good Winamp type mp3 player for Xp
    >I liked the old Winamp & wondered if there's now a better basic program
    >to do the same thing (ie playlists etc)
    >
    >Dont really want to use MS Media player

    Speaking of MP3 I scored a Toshiba M20 player when I got my notebook,
    I think it equals a minipod and mine is a lesser model. 25 cds pumped
    into it with room for double that or more, shame I didnt do it
    properly online, couldnt wait lol

    Squirrel

    Squirrel, Aug 26, 2005
  4. S Roby

    GraB Guest

    On Fri, 26 Aug 2005 05:54:03 GMT, le (S Roby) wrote:

    >Hi. Whats a good Winamp type mp3 player for Xp
    >I liked the old Winamp & wondered if there's now a better basic program
    >to do the same thing (ie playlists etc)
    >
    >Dont really want to use MS Media player

    Who does? What version WinAmp are you talking about?

    GraB, Aug 26, 2005
  5. S Roby

    S Roby Guest

    In article <>, GraB <> wrote:
    >On Fri, 26 Aug 2005 05:54:03 GMT, le (S Roby) wrote:
    >
    >>Hi. Whats a good Winamp type mp3 player for Xp
    >>I liked the old Winamp & wondered if there's now a better basic program
    >>to do the same thing (ie playlists etc)
    >>
    >>Dont really want to use MS Media player

    >Who does? What version WinAmp are you talking about?

    I used to use Winamp 2.9?? (it was a long ago)

    I just downloaded a few players, Zoom seems OK.
    Im a bit worried about my system getting screwed after I try to uninstall the
    players I dont like.

    S Roby, Aug 26, 2005
  6. S Roby wrote:
    > Hi. Whats a good Winamp type mp3 player for Xp
    > I liked the old Winamp & wondered if there's now a better basic program
    > to do the same thing (ie playlists etc)
    >
    > Dont really want to use MS Media player

    Out of curiousity, why don't you want to use MS Media Player?

    Nathan Mercer, Aug 26, 2005
  7. S Roby

    RadioNutter Guest

    Winamp V5.094 is a great program!
    http://www.winamp.com/

    Itunes is great too an allows you to use an Ipod if required.
    http://www.apple.com/itunes/

    RadioNutter, Aug 26, 2005
  8. S Roby

    S Roby Guest

    In article <430ee7a4$>, Nathan Mercer <> wrote:
    >S Roby wrote:
    >> Hi. Whats a good Winamp type mp3 player for Xp
    >> I liked the old Winamp & wondered if there's now a better basic program
    >> to do the same thing (ie playlists etc)
    >>
    >> Dont really want to use MS Media player

    >Out of curiousity, why don't you want to use MS Media Player?

    Its a resourse hog
    Mplayer2.exe does work very well thougth(its MS MPlayer$$$$ without all the
    frills)

    S Roby, Aug 26, 2005
  9. S Roby

    XPD Guest

    "S Roby" <> wrote in message
    > Hi. Whats a good Winamp type mp3 player for Xp
    > I liked the old Winamp & wondered if there's now a better basic program
    > to do the same thing (ie playlists etc)
    >
    > Dont really want to use MS Media player

    I use Zinf quite a bit - fairly basic, but plays MP3s quite happily and
    allows you to record streams easily (ie: di.fm)

    XPD, Aug 26, 2005
  10. S Roby

    -=rjh=- Guest

    S Roby wrote:
    > Hi. Whats a good Winamp type mp3 player for Xp
    > I liked the old Winamp & wondered if there's now a better basic program
    > to do the same thing (ie playlists etc)
    >
    > Dont really want to use MS Media player

    Jet audio works well.

    -=rjh=-, Aug 26, 2005
  11. S Roby

    -=rjh=- Guest

    XPD wrote:
    > "S Roby" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>Hi. Whats a good Winamp type mp3 player for Xp
    >>I liked the old Winamp & wondered if there's now a better basic program
    >>to do the same thing (ie playlists etc)
    >>
    >>Dont really want to use MS Media player

    > I use Zinf quite a bit - fairly basic, but plays MP3s quite happily and
    > allows you to record streams easily (ie: di.fm)

    How do you do that - I haven't been able to get good recordings from
    di.fm for months. The metadata appears to be randomly corrupted, and all
    the stream recorders I've tried barf on it.

    Are you getting good file sets (correctly named) over long periods of
    recording?

    -=rjh=-, Aug 26, 2005
  12. In article <xTyPe.6012$>, le
    says...
    > Hi. Whats a good Winamp type mp3 player for Xp
    > I liked the old Winamp & wondered if there's now a better basic program
    > to do the same thing (ie playlists etc)
    >
    > Dont really want to use MS Media player

    What's wrong with dear old Winamp?I am using 5.08 with a nifty plugin
    called dee3 that upmixes to 5.1 speakers and I've no complaints
    whatsoever. No annoying frills, you can skin it if you really really
    want.

    -P.

    Peter Huebner, Aug 26, 2005
  13. S Roby

    GraB Guest

    On Fri, 26 Aug 2005 08:21:37 GMT, le (S Roby) wrote:

    >In article <>, GraB <> wrote:
    >>On Fri, 26 Aug 2005 05:54:03 GMT, le (S Roby) wrote:
    >>
    >>>Hi. Whats a good Winamp type mp3 player for Xp
    >>>I liked the old Winamp & wondered if there's now a better basic program
    >>>to do the same thing (ie playlists etc)
    >>>
    >>>Dont really want to use MS Media player

    >>Who does? What version WinAmp are you talking about?
    >>

    >I used to use Winamp 2.9?? (it was a long ago)
    >
    >I just downloaded a few players, Zoom seems OK.
    >Im a bit worried about my system getting screwed after I try to uninstall the
    >players I dont like.

    Have a look at WinAmp 5. I have the Lite version and the full. The
    Lite version, is virtually identical to 2.9, etc. The full version
    with modern skin support also supports 2.9 style skins so still can
    look like version 2.9, but there is a lot more in the full version.
    Worth a look.

    GraB, Aug 26, 2005
  14. S Roby

    Harry Guest

    S Roby wrote:

    > Hi. Whats a good Winamp type mp3 player for Xp
    > I liked the old Winamp & wondered if there's now a better basic program
    > to do the same thing (ie playlists etc)
    >
    > Dont really want to use MS Media player

    I use ActiveMovie. It is lightweight, and it comes free with all
    Windows versions. Unfortunately MS hides it and you need to tinker with
    File Types to enable it. It is, in fact, the engine behind Media Player
    but without all the bloat and overhead.

    Harry, Aug 26, 2005