Winamp files with Mozilla 1.6 ???

Discussion in 'Firefox' started by Pierre-Michel Fortin, Jun 2, 2004.

  1. Hello everyone,

    I have a "bug" with Mozilla 1.6 that I can't explain.

    It's regarding Winamp file (.pls). My homepage is planetsoulnetwork.com.
    Once there, you can listen to stream music. Thing is it doesn't work at all.
    Here's the result :

    [Playlist]
    File1=http://stream01.prolocation.net:9500
    Length1=-1
    File2=:http://stream02.prolocation.net:9500
    Length2=-1
    Numberofentries=2
    Version=2

    Allright. I have a problem but where I'm completed lost is that if I go at
    Shoutcast.com and click on any link, it works just fine!!!

    Any clues for me people???

    Thanx

    PM Fortin

    Pierre-Michel Fortin, Jun 2, 2004

  2. Pierre-Michel Fortin

    Moz Champion Guest

    Pierre-Michel Fortin wrote:

    > Hello everyone,
    >
    > I have a "bug" with Mozilla 1.6 that I can't explain.
    >
    > It's regarding Winamp file (.pls). My homepage is planetsoulnetwork.com.
    > Once there, you can listen to stream music. Thing is it doesn't work at all.
    > Here's the result :
    >
    > [Playlist]
    > File1=http://stream01.prolocation.net:9500
    > Length1=-1
    > File2=:http://stream02.prolocation.net:9500
    > Length2=-1
    > Numberofentries=2
    > Version=2
    >
    > Allright. I have a problem but where I'm completed lost is that if I go at
    > Shoutcast.com and click on any link, it works just fine!!!
    >
    > Any clues for me people???
    >
    > Thanx
    >
    > PM Fortin

    Is the server set up to provide the proper MIME type for the file? Mozilla uses mime type to determine what type the file is. Shoutcast.com probably provides the proper mime type.

    --
    Mozilla Champion
    UFAQ - http://www.UFAQ.org

    Moz Champion, Jun 4, 2004