    also does anyone know of a website that lists a good summary of the
    mimimum system requirements in a nice easy to memorize format.

    thanks
    Chris, Jul 12, 2004

  2. Chris

    Chris Guest

    I just wrote the exam and managed to squeeze by without knowing for
    sure the right order. The test I had didn't seem interested at all in
    order of boot files just know what they are and what they do. A few
    questions about windows 2000 boot files but nothing about win9X . I
    did find it a little difficult when different books listed differed a
    great deal in facts like these.

    Chris, Jul 14, 2004

  3. Chris

    MF Guest

    The reason this is so confused among the books is that io.sys will do a
    short read and load off one file, do the same to another file, go back to
    the first file, and so on. So the final order listed is somewhat arbitrary.

    Comptia has always been IMCCA, and, generally, config.sys is listed before
    command.com.

    As you know this, is really the DOS boot order. Win9x can does not need -
    but will use - config.sys and autoexec.bat. And msdos.sys, which used to be
    part of the core os, has had its core functions absorbed by io.sys and in
    win9x is just a configuration file, preserved for backward compatability.

    MF, Jul 14, 2004
  4. Chris

    Chris Guest

    thanks

    that kind of explains the discrepancy between sources

    Chris, Jul 15, 2004