    Is there a generic driver that will deal with card readers, pendrives
    and USB hard drives? Or do I have to dick around with each one?

    TIA

    -=rjh=-, Dec 26, 2005

  2. -=rjh=-

    Dave Taylor Guest

    -=rjh=- <> wrote in news:43af44ca$:

    > Is there a generic driver for the above?
    >
    > I've got a Huke stick here, but the hukememory website is fairly
    > useless, plus the one driver I did download, don't work.
    >
    > Is there a generic driver that will deal with card readers, pendrives
    > and USB hard drives? Or do I have to dick around with each one?
    >
    > TIA

    I have always put the drivers for the device onto 9x, but since 2K and
    above support them natively, there must be some generic that is out
    there...
    Maybe one of the drivers that loads in config.sys would do? There are some
    that a Ghost Boot Floppy Disk use. Tried those? I think they are made by
    Iomega.

    --
    Ciao, Dave

    Dave Taylor, Dec 26, 2005

  3. -=rjh=-

    Sharktyymbfj Guest

    I've got a huke drivers 98 setup I could mail you if you have a valid email
    address.

    --
    Sharktyymbfj

    Newsgroups - For those who can't afford vanity publishing.

    Sharktyymbfj, Dec 26, 2005
  4. -=rjh=-

    -=rjh=- Guest

    Sharktyymbfj wrote:
    > I've got a huke drivers 98 setup I could mail you if you have a valid email
    > address.

    The mail.com email is valid, but probably won't accept large files. If
    you can, try my gmail address, I'm rjhinde@

    Many thanks. That should fix part of the problem. Have you used these
    drivers?

    -=rjh=-, Dec 26, 2005
  5. -=rjh=-

    EMB Guest

    -=rjh=- wrote:
    > Is there a generic driver for the above?
    >
    > I've got a Huke stick here, but the hukememory website is fairly
    > useless, plus the one driver I did download, don't work.
    >
    > Is there a generic driver that will deal with card readers, pendrives
    > and USB hard drives? Or do I have to dick around with each one?

    Have a google for 'unofficial Windows 98 service pack'. It installs a
    fairly robust set of USB mass storage drivers that have always
    recognised any USB drive I've tried.

    --
    EMB

    EMB, Dec 26, 2005
  6. -=rjh=-

    Sharktyymbfj Guest

    "-=rjh=-" <> wrote in message
    > Sharktyymbfj wrote:
    >> I've got a huke drivers 98 setup I could mail you if you have a valid
    >> email address.
    >>

    > The mail.com email is valid, but probably won't accept large files. If
    > you can, try my gmail address, I'm rjhinde@

    On their way.>
    > Many thanks. That should fix part of the problem. Have you used these
    > drivers?

    Not on my machine but on clients win98 machines with no probs.

    Sharktyymbfj, Dec 26, 2005
  7. -=rjh=-

    Sharktyymbfj Guest

    "Sharktyymbfj" <> wrote in message

    > "-=rjh=-" <> wrote in message
    >> Sharktyymbfj wrote:
    >>> I've got a huke drivers 98 setup I could mail you if you have a valid
    >>> email address.
    >>>

    >> The mail.com email is valid, but probably won't accept large files. If
    >> you can, try my gmail address, I'm rjhinde@

    > On their way

    Xtra bounced them so have re-sent through Gmail.

    Sharktyymbfj, Dec 26, 2005
  8. -=rjh=-

    > "Sharktyymbfj" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> "-=rjh=-" <> wrote in message
    >>>>

    >>> The mail.com email is valid, but probably won't accept large files. If
    >>> you can, try my gmail address, I'm rjhinde@

    >> On their way

    > Xtra bounced them so have re-sent through Gmail.

    Now Gmail bounced it because it's a zip that contains an executable. Have
    renamed it to a jpg, just rename it when you get it back to zip and
    hopefully all should be well.

    Sharktyymbfj, Dec 26, 2005
  9. -=rjh=-

    -=rjh=- Guest

    Sharktyymbfj wrote:
    > "Sharktyymbfj" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>"Sharktyymbfj" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >>>"-=rjh=-" <> wrote in message

    >>>On their way

    >>Xtra bounced them so have re-sent through Gmail.

    > Now Gmail bounced it because it's a zip that contains an executable. Have
    > renamed it to a jpg, just rename it when you get it back to zip and
    > hopefully all should be well.

    all sorted, thanks, though I don't know whether it was the driver that
    you sent, or the one in the unofficial SP that did the trick (thanks for
    reminding me about that, EMB, I already had the pack, just hadn't
    applied it).

    Thanks to you both.

    -=rjh=-, Dec 27, 2005
  10. -=rjh=-

    Sharktyymbfj Guest

    "-=rjh=-" <> wrote in message
    > Sharktyymbfj wrote:
    >> "Sharktyymbfj" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >>>"Sharktyymbfj" <> wrote in message

    >>>Xtra bounced them so have re-sent through Gmail.

    >> Now Gmail bounced it because it's a zip that contains an executable. Have
    >> renamed it to a jpg, just rename it when you get it back to zip and
    >> hopefully all should be well.
    >>

    > all sorted, thanks, though I don't know whether it was the driver that you
    > sent, or the one in the unofficial SP that did the trick (thanks for
    > reminding me about that, EMB, I already had the pack, just hadn't applied
    > it).
    >
    > Thanks to you both.

    No worries

    Sharktyymbfj, Dec 27, 2005
  11. -=rjh=-

    Robert Cooze Guest

    EMB wrote:
    > -=rjh=- wrote:
    >
    >> Is there a generic driver for the above?
    >>
    >> I've got a Huke stick here, but the hukememory website is fairly
    >> useless, plus the one driver I did download, don't work.
    >>
    >> Is there a generic driver that will deal with card readers, pendrives
    >> and USB hard drives? Or do I have to dick around with each one?

    > Have a google for 'unofficial Windows 98 service pack'. It installs a
    > fairly robust set of USB mass storage drivers that have always
    > recognised any USB drive I've tried.

    Is that a new unoffical Windows 98 Service pack, or the one that is
    about 4~6 months old will do?

    .... and a happy New Year.

    Robert Cooze, Dec 29, 2005
  12. -=rjh=-

    EMB Guest

    Robert Cooze wrote:

    > Is that a new unoffical Windows 98 Service pack, or the one that is
    > about 4~6 months old will do?

    It's a few months old.

    --
    EMB

    EMB, Dec 29, 2005
  13. -=rjh=-

    Robert Cooze Guest

    EMB wrote:
    > Robert Cooze wrote:
    >
    >> Is that a new unoffical Windows 98 Service pack, or the one that is
    >> about 4~6 months old will do?

    > It's a few months old.

    Sounds Like somthing to do next year I Guess. Ar well Happy New Year
    every one :) don't know how sober or parrerlitic I will be tonight!

    Robert Cooze, Dec 30, 2005