    that windows has trouble seeing over and is there anything I can do to work
    around it . I am looking at Western Digital hard drives of 120 GB and 160 GB
    ..
    Chuck S, Nov 19, 2003

  2. Chuck S

    philo Guest

    "Chuck S" <> wrote in message
    news:QPPub.844$...
    > Gonna put a new hard drive in my box and I am running win98se . I am

    looking
    > at a couple of hard drives over 100gb and I have heard that windows98 has
    > trouble seeing over a certain gb size of hard drive. What is the threshold
    > that windows has trouble seeing over and is there anything I can do to

    work
    > around it . I am looking at Western Digital hard drives of 120 GB and 160

    GB
    > .

    windows can supposedly work with drives up to 2000gigs (no they
    don;t have any that size yet)
    however to get a large drive to be recognozed by your bios
    is a different story
    most new motherboards should support the 120gig drive
    but above 137 gigs you will probably need to purchase a pci controller card

    btw: as far as wasted space due to large cluster size...
    fat 32 is quite poor on partitions over 32gigs
    so you may want to consider an NT based OS which can be installed on
    an NTFS partition
    philo, Nov 19, 2003

  3. Chuck S

    Rob K Guest

    Il se trouve que "Chuck S" a formulé :

    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;184006

    --
    My E-mail address in ROT-13:
    Rob K, Nov 19, 2003
  4. Chuck S

    Barry OGrady Guest

    On Wed, 19 Nov 2003 14:56:36 -0500, "Chuck S" <> wrote:

    >Gonna put a new hard drive in my box and I am running win98se . I am looking
    >at a couple of hard drives over 100gb and I have heard that windows98 has
    >trouble seeing over a certain gb size of hard drive. What is the threshold
    >that windows has trouble seeing over and is there anything I can do to work
    >around it . I am looking at Western Digital hard drives of 120 GB and 160 GB

    I am using Win 98SE with a WD 120 gig drive.

    -Barry
    ========
    Barry OGrady, Nov 20, 2003