    No longer using the 98 so would like to remove

    how do i do this safely?

    Thanks Roger
    Roger Marriott, Nov 17, 2003

  2. Roger Marriott

    Dogg Guest

    On Mon, 17 Nov 2003 22:42:22 +1300, "Roger Marriott"
    <> wrote:

    >I have set up a dual boot win 98 / XP pro
    >
    >ie win 98 on C: XP on D:
    >
    >No longer using the 98 so would like to remove
    >
    >how do i do this safely?
    >
    >Thanks Roger

    The safest way to do this is first to remove the dual boot option at
    start up. Right click My Computer on the desktop, choose Properties
    and Startup and recovery settings. Make sure XP is the default OS and
    untick "Time to display list of Operating Systems". You can also
    remove it altogether by clicking the "edit' button and removng the 98
    entry. Be careful though, because if you mess up that file, they'll be
    no booting. The next problem is removing the Win98 files. Both 98 and
    XP install their system files by default into C:\Windows so I'm not
    sure where each OS's files would be located on your system drive.
    Dogg, Nov 17, 2003