    recognise a modem. Before I messed things up, my modem was at COM2. When I
    run the Add Hardware it finds a modem but it can't find any valid com port.

    /Win98 & Dell
    Patrik Blix, Nov 25, 2003

  2. Patrik Blix

    Jerry G. Guest

    Go to the system properties, and uninstall the modem, and its drivers. When
    the machine reboots it will say that it found new hardware. Go through the
    set-up, and re-install it according to the prompts. If it still does not
    work, there is a chance that the BIOS in the modem may be corrupt.

    I have seen this before, especially if the modem is the wrong model than it
    was supposed to be for the particular upgrade. Or, it was simply wrongly
    installed. If the modem BIOS is corrupted, there is no fix. A new modem
    will be required.

    --

    Greetings,

    Jerry Greenberg GLG Technologies GLG
    WebPage http://www.zoom-one.com

    I tried to update an old internal modem X2 to v90, but now my computer won't

    Jerry G., Nov 26, 2003

  3. Patrik Blix

    Patrik Blix Guest

    Since my computer dosn't recognise a modem, I can't unistall it.
    Maybe your rigth about a corrupted BIOS.

    Patrik Blix, Nov 26, 2003
  4. Patrik Blix wrote:

    > Since my computer dosn't recognise a modem, I can't unistall it.
    > Maybe your rigth about a corrupted BIOS.

    > "Jerry G." <> wrote in message
    >>Go to the system properties, and uninstall the modem, and its drivers.

    > When
    >>the machine reboots it will say that it found new hardware. Go through

    > the
    >>set-up, and re-install it according to the prompts. If it still does not
    >>work, there is a chance that the BIOS in the modem may be corrupt.

    >>"Patrik Blix" <> wrote in message
    >>I tried to update an old internal modem X2 to v90, but now my computer

    > won't
    >>recognise a modem. Before I messed things up, my modem was at COM2. When I
    >>run the Add Hardware it finds a modem but it can't find any valid com
    >> port. Win98 & Dell

    Maybe, but try going into Safe Mode first.....
    Control Panel - System - Device Manager
    Get rid of the modem there... and check for a bunch of dupe drivers in
    video as well as Sound, Video and Game. Something tells me the comp may
    not be talking correctly to hardware either.

    BuffNET Technical Support Supervisor
    (BEHOLD! The power of the BOFH!)
    BuffNET Tech Support - MichaelJ, Nov 26, 2003
  5. Patrik Blix

    Patrik Blix Guest

    Thanks. I will try that.

    Patrik Blix, Nov 26, 2003