    It never used to over the past few years. It is now getting
    really irritating. Any ideas what might have caused it and how I
    can stop it?

    Fidcal, Feb 13, 2004

  2. Fidcal

    Geoff Guest

    You probably took out a floppy disk before it had finished. Try putting a
    floppy in (if possible, the last one you used) write to it and let it finish
    before you remove it.
    This is the simplest possibility!

    Geoff.

    Geoff, Feb 13, 2004

  3. Also empty your recent documents list, something there may be trying to
    access the floppy.

    --

    Kenny

    Kenny Cargill, Feb 13, 2004
  4. Fidcal

    Fidcal Guest

    OK, thanks. Done that. So far so good. See how it goes by
    tomorrow!

    Fidcal, Feb 13, 2004
  5. Fidcal

    Fidcal Guest

    On Fri, 13 Feb 2004 18:20:14 -0000, "Kenny Cargill"
    <> wrote:

    >Also empty your recent documents list, something there may be trying to
    >access the floppy.

    Another interesting idea. Mmmm... But I forget how to do this
    now. This was a folder in the start menu wasn't it? I think I
    long since removed it but that was probably just a link. Hang
    on, there's the recent folder in the Windows tree. Probably not
    the right way to do it but I'll delete everything in there and
    see how it goes. Thanks.

    Fidcal, Feb 13, 2004
  6. Fidcal

    Fidcal Guest

    Nice ideas but it's the same today - back to rattling that
    drive!

    Fidcal, Feb 14, 2004