    keyboard.Now when I try to reinstall win it stops at the same place
    everytime. I even wiped my HD and formatted again and still hangs
    up.what do i do

    Roc, Mar 14, 2006

  2. Roc

    Mike Easter Guest

    Roc wrote:
    > I started to install win 98 and about 15% into the install I droped my
    > keyboard.Now when I try to reinstall win it stops at the same place
    > everytime. I even wiped my HD and formatted again and still hangs
    > up.what do i do

    IMO your keyboard has nothing to do with your install problem. But if
    you want to prove that to yourself, you should spend a few bucks on a
    new kb and demonstrate that the problem is the same part of the install
    with the new kb or the old kb.

    Then you should probably remove all of the cards from the mobo except
    the video and get a nice quick smooth install and go from there.

    If you want to change the order of that strategy and remove the cards
    and use the same kb, that would probably work too.

    .... and you were 'holding' your kb during a win install because.... ??

    --
    Mike Easter

    Mike Easter, Mar 14, 2006

  3. Roc

    Old Gringo Guest

    On Or About 3/13/2006 7:54:44 PM, Without Any Hesitation, Roc Wrote
    The Following:

    > I started to install win 98 and about 15% into the install I droped my
    > keyboard.Now when I try to reinstall win it stops at the same place
    > everytime. I even wiped my HD and formatted again and still hangs
    > up.what do i do

    Maybe just clean the CD
    --
    Old Gringo
    The Future Is Not What It Use To Be.

    Old Gringo, Mar 14, 2006
  4. Roc wrote:

    > I started to install win 98 and about 15% into the install I droped my
    > keyboard.Now when I try to reinstall win it stops at the same place
    > everytime. I even wiped my HD and formatted again and still hangs
    > up.what do i do

    Either you dropped your kb because you fell asleep waiting for the install
    (while it stood at 15%) or you also dropped your install cd in between.
    Try to format the hd first, and xcopy the win98 folder on the cd to the
    partition on hd. If it stops while copying, you have a bad cd or drive.
    After copying, cd into the win98 folder and run setup from there.
    Linux 2.6.14-mm1 [LinuxCounter#295241,ICQ#4918962]

    Walter Mautner, Mar 14, 2006
  5. Roc

    Toolman Tim Guest

    In news:,
    Walter Mautner spewed forth:
    > Roc wrote:
    >
    >> I started to install win 98 and about 15% into the install I droped
    >> my keyboard.Now when I try to reinstall win it stops at the same
    >> place everytime. I even wiped my HD and formatted again and still
    >> hangs up.what do i do

    > Either you dropped your kb because you fell asleep waiting for the
    > install (while it stood at 15%) or you also dropped your install cd
    > in between. Try to format the hd first, and xcopy the win98 folder on
    > the cd to the partition on hd. If it stops while copying, you have a
    > bad cd or drive. After copying, cd into the win98 folder and run
    > setup from there.

    I prefer that method myself, because later as I add hardware/software the
    system doesn't make me keep looking for that d*** install CD each time <g>

    Toolman Tim, Mar 14, 2006