    up without waiting long when it gets to the point of starting windows.
    Actually when i boot and the computer gets to the first win98 pag, it takes
    up to a minute to pick up.
    Ani, Dec 20, 2003

  2. Ani

    John D Loop Guest

    Actually, a minute is not that bad. I have seen 5 to 10 minutes!
    Sounds like you might have a bunch of unwanted guests....
    Have you run a spyware removal program ...like adaware?
    Do you keep your antivirus up to date?
    Do you have a firewall?
    John
    --
    Check my web site for tips on insuring safe computing in wired and wireless
    homenetworking environments!

    "Ani" <> wrote in message
    > hi all
    > can anyone tell me how i can tweak my pc with win98 in order for it to

    start

    John D Loop, Dec 20, 2003

  3. Ani

    fros Guest

    get a program like startman which will find all kinds of applications , you
    never thought were running, that boot up and slow down the startup, and it
    gives you the option to uncheck them

    --
    newsgroups signature

    fros, Dec 21, 2003