Win98 failing

Discussion in 'Wireless Networking' started by Guest, Jan 6, 2006.

  1. Guest

    Guest Guest

    Hi there,

    I have a router with cable modem connection at home and setup MAC address
    filtering and WEP. It works fine for PCs with Windows XP Pro but not for a
    PC with Windows 98 with wireless PC card. The reason I'm using WEP is it's
    only the method it can configure in the PC card software using in Win98.

    In Win 98 PC, signal shows Excellent but only get APIPA and failing to get
    IP from DHCP. Other Win XP PCs are successfully getting IP from DHCP.
    Although APIPA is assigned, it's not communicating with other PCs within the
    home network unlike other Win XP PCs. Only localhost is pingable but not
    pingable further than that. I tried to renew IP address but it's failing,
    and assigned valid static IP, DNS and default gateway but still the same
    result.

    It seems there is no other wireless setting available. Can anyone advice
    what is going wrong with this?

    Thank you in advance.

    greensky

    Guest, Jan 6, 2006