    fresh install cd but the Explorer box keeps popping up.

    Any ideas why?

    Thanks...

    Tony Cianfaglione, Aug 28, 2005

  2. Tony Cianfaglione

    Plato Guest

    Tony Cianfaglione wrote:

    > A friend's system kept locking up with a box that read that Explorer was
    > shutting down. After repeated messages, we reinstalled Win98SE from a
    > fresh install cd but the Explorer box keeps popping up.

    check for mismatched ram.

    --
    http://www.bootdisk.com/

    Plato, Aug 28, 2005

  3. Tony Cianfaglione

    George H. Guest

    Tony Cianfaglione <> wrote in
    ca:

    > A friend's system kept locking up with a box that read that Explorer
    > was shutting down. After repeated messages, we reinstalled Win98SE
    > from a fresh install cd but the Explorer box keeps popping up.
    >
    > Any ideas why?
    >
    > Thanks...

    Did you reload win98 on top of itself? If so, this is a hit or miss
    solution to fixing windoze.

    Or did you do a clean install?

    If you did a clean install, what programs are you loading? Try running
    windoze with one new program, make sure it's working properly, then
    restart the computer and load another. Don't try and load all at once
    after an OS intall.

    Run an antivirus check.

    Disable excess background programs / tray icons.

    These are a few ideas of 'maybe' why you're having explorer errors.

    --
    They say if you play a Microsoft CD backwards, you hear satanic
    messages. That's nothing, cause if you play it forwards, it installs

    George H., Aug 28, 2005
  4. Thanks for all the replies.

    Tony Cianfaglione, Aug 28, 2005
  5. Tony Cianfaglione

    Shep© Guest

    On Sat, 27 Aug 2005 23:49:00 -0500 As Androids Dreamed Of Electric
    Sheep and then "George H." <> wrote :

    >Tony Cianfaglione <> wrote in
    >ca:
    >

    >> A friend's system kept locking up with a box that read that Explorer
    >> was shutting down. After repeated messages, we reinstalled Win98SE
    >> from a fresh install cd but the Explorer box keeps popping up.
    >>
    >> Any ideas why?
    >>
    >> Thanks...
    >>

    >Did you reload win98 on top of itself? If so, this is a hit or miss
    >solution to fixing windoze.

    Only if you do it incorrectly,
    Click here,
    http://www.geocities.com/sheppola/repair.html