    I doubt it. Couldn't find anything via Google for the same problem.

    Anyone seen this behaviour before ... know of a remedy.

    Rider
    Rider, Nov 19, 2005

  2. Rider

    GraB Guest

    On Sun, 20 Nov 2005 12:07:27 +1300, "Rider"
    <> wrote:

    >A Win98 box had corrupt system ini file. Fixed that and got everything
    >looking as it should. After 4 reboots ... the desktop settings (colour
    >scheme) changed back to what the computer originally had, not what I set.
    >
    >I reset it back to standard Win98 desktop scheme and rebooted ... all good.
    >4 reboots and its cnahged itself back again to the original hideous colour
    >scheme.
    >
    >It always seems to be 4 reboots/starts. Not sure if that's significant, but
    >I doubt it. Couldn't find anything via Google for the same problem.
    >
    >Anyone seen this behaviour before ... know of a remedy.
    >
    >Rider

    Have a look at the win.ini. There is a [COLORS] section in that.
    More likely that is corrupted. Perhaps it is restoring a backup of
    that for some reason or bypassing it.
    GraB, Nov 20, 2005

  3. Rider

    Impossible Guest

    "Rider" <> wrote in message
    >A Win98 box had corrupt system ini file. Fixed that and got
    >everything looking as it should. After 4 reboots ... the desktop
    >settings (colour scheme) changed back to what the computer originally
    >had, not what I set.
    >
    > I reset it back to standard Win98 desktop scheme and rebooted ...
    > all good. 4 reboots and its cnahged itself back again to the
    > original hideous colour scheme.
    >
    > It always seems to be 4 reboots/starts. Not sure if that's
    > significant, but I doubt it. Couldn't find anything via Google for
    > the same problem.
    >
    > Anyone seen this behaviour before ... know of a remedy.

    Have a look here:

    How to Perform Clean-Boot Troubleshooting for Windows 98
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/192926/

    You might guess your way to a simpler solution, but given that your
    problems started with a corrupt system.ini file, this is a proven
    method for identitying exactly what's going on.
    Impossible, Nov 20, 2005