    to WinXP ?

    Thanks,

    Kelvin

    Kelvin, Jun 9, 2005

  2. Kelvin

    T-Bone Guest

    "Kelvin" <> wrote
    > In my company, there are a few Windows 98 machines couldn't find the

    Windows
    > 2003 Domain Controller during their login process, and all we did was to

    keep
    > trying to reboot the Win98 until it could be loged into the domain. I

    guess
    > it might be a problem of the compatibility between win98 system and

    windows
    > 2003 server, is there anybody who knows the solution without upgrading

    Win98
    > to WinXP ?

    Given the fact that it does work after a while, I'll assume you already have
    the AD client installed. The fact that it happens on more than one system
    reduces the chance its a physical connection problem (unless all the systems
    are on the same netowrk segment).

    I would suggest you post this question in a more appropriate group. You
    would have a better chance of finding more people who are experienced with
    this type of problem.
    --
    T-Bone
    MCNGP XL

    T-Bone, Jun 9, 2005

  3. Kelvin

    Kelvin Guest

    Thanks.

    Kelvin, Jun 9, 2005
  4. Kelvin

    SagaBoi17 Guest

    - Install Active Directory Service Client on Win 98 machine.
    - Disable digital signing on SMB

    thats my understanding, any way, never got a chance to try it

    --
    Programmer/ Network Support Analyst Student

    SagaBoi17, Jun 11, 2005
  5. Kelvin

    mattb Guest

    patch it and make it current, add the newest ds client, and fix your dns so
    98 can find dc...

    mattb, Jun 17, 2005
  6. Kelvin

    Ronathospice Guest

    If the machines with win98 on them have sufficient horsepower (processor) and
    RAM, do yourself a HUGE favor and upgrade them to XP and dump win98 forever!!!

    Ronathospice, Jun 27, 2005
  7. Hi,
    Make sure that you have WINS up and running. The DS Client has nothing to
    do, because Win98 try to locate domain controllers by using either a
    broadcast or WINS queries. DNS is also useless in this situation, because
    DNS is used for later clients.

    Chris Spanougakis MCSA, MCSE, MCT

    Chris Spanougakis, Jun 30, 2005
  8. Kelvin