    Is this possible and if yes is it straight forwards or are there any
    pitfalls?

    edi

    EDI, Nov 22, 2003

  2. EDI

    EDI Guest

    Thanks, thats what I needed to know. I also found a hint at the microsoft
    site, confirming this.

    Edi

    EDI, Nov 23, 2003

  3. EDI

    hootnholler Guest

    They may also wish to check out the Matrox Parhelia videocard. Haven't seen
    too many around, but only one I know of that will do 3 monitors by itself.

    Hoot

    hootnholler, Nov 23, 2003
  4. EDI

    EDI Guest

    Yes, the Parhelia would be a great choice, but for some reason I doubt that
    the customer got this particular card, its very expensive and needs a strong
    psu to go with it.

    Edi

    EDI, Nov 24, 2003
  5. EDI

    Geoff Guest

    he's a cheapo git then, good luck :)
    more than 1 video card on win98 was a pain to do on the cheap
    you have to choose the right hardware, i didn't bother doing multi monitor
    when i used win98
    i now use win2k/xp with a normal AGP card as primary, and my old matrox
    mysqtuie 220 4 meg pci, i'v tryed quite a few cards, the best cheap cards
    are pci voodoo3's, any earlier pci matrox (not sure about newer ones, i
    don't see any prob though)
    ages ago tryed a pci geforce2 on win2k along with my geforce2 AGP, it wasn't
    too stable and crashed after i tryed playing with the settings

    you certainly don't want to be settings this up at customers site if you
    can't get it going right away
    downside with multiple cards is you get very little hardware acceleration on
    second screen (you do get it in fullscreen on second screens though)
    i know of no game or even application that does good support of second
    screens, bar maybe m$ flight sim, where you can create a view window and
    simply put it on the second screen (where there is no hardware 3d)

    if you use a single card/solution for multi monitor, no problems with stuff
    on multiple screens
    personaly i use my second screen for my e-mail, chat rooms, music so leaving
    my main screen more or less free

    this url will certainly be of interest:
    http://www.realtimesoft.com/multimon/db.asp

    Geoff, Nov 25, 2003
  6. EDI

    EDI Guest

    Thanks for the link, very interesting and encouraging.

    The deal is to set it up at the customer, I know it would be easier at the
    workshop.

    I do go to this valley once or twice a week, and they throw at me all the
    odd jobs, they can't or don't want to handle there. The money is good and
    the people are nice and friendly. So I try my best to get things done the
    way they like it.

    So I hope it will be working out not all too difficult, actually from what I
    have heard so far it shouldn't, but one never knows.

    Edi

    EDI, Nov 26, 2003