    of dial-up networking on my pc using win95?

    thank you in advance
    , Apr 26, 2005

  2. JANA Guest

    Win 95 is not as compatible to networked dialup through a host computer. You
    should consider upgrading the computer to at least Win 98. Win 98 should
    support what you want to accomplish.

    --

    JANA
    _____

    <> wrote in message news:d4kfm1$mr3$...
    are there any particular tweaks such as registry adjustments that will
    allow my win95 tcp/ip ppp to connect to my isp? it fails with a message
    that the dial-up adapter in dial-up networking isn't compatible yet my
    friend's win98 connects fine. the isp is stumped as to why it won't
    connect but a couple of other people have mentioned their win95 setups
    won't connect either. hyperterminal connects fine to a text based service
    so it's not my modem.

    is there a standalone third party tcp/ip client that i can use in place

    JANA, Apr 26, 2005

  3. Unk Guest

    On Tue, 26 Apr 2005 04:22:25 +0000 (UTC), wrote:

    >are there any particular tweaks such as registry adjustments that will
    >allow my win95 tcp/ip ppp to connect to my isp? it fails with a message
    >that the dial-up adapter in dial-up networking isn't compatible yet my
    >friend's win98 connects fine. the isp is stumped as to why it won't
    >connect but a couple of other people have mentioned their win95 setups
    >won't connect either. hyperterminal connects fine to a text based service
    >so it's not my modem.
    >
    >is there a standalone third party tcp/ip client that i can use in place
    >of dial-up networking on my pc using win95?
    >
    >thank you in advance

    If I remember correctly, you had to update the winsock. The original version's taskbar icon had
    what looked like a modem with 2 red/green lights. The new version's icon has the 2 monitors
    offset side-by-side.

    Windows 95 OEM Service Release 1/2/2.1 TCP/IP Update Fixes Error: Windows 95 Stops Responding
    Due to Land Attack (Vtcpup11.exe) This file contains an updated version of TCP/IP for Windows
    95 computers with the WinSock 2 update.
    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...65-a5ae-4adb-a5ec-8254da94aead&displaylang=en

    Here's another location, just in case...
    http://toolbox.trilobytes.com.au/
    Look at the very bottom of the page for "Microsoft's Winsock 2 TCP/IP update for Windows 95"
    or directly:
    http://toolbox.trilobytes.com.au/win9x/win9x-microsoft-extras/w95winsock2setup.exe

    NOTE: Make sure you do a full backup or H/D Image FIRST!
    There's no real restore capability in Win95!
    Unk, Apr 26, 2005