    formatted hard drive. Do I have to make it a FAT16 formatted hard drive?
    Something is niggling me that it should be FAT16 but I just can't remember.

    Rider
    Rider, Jul 9, 2003

  2. Rider

    Invisible Guest

    On Wed, 9 Jul 2003 12:47:37 +1200, "Rider" <>
    wrote:

    >For the life of me, because its been awhile since I played with Win95 .. I
    >cant remember if there are any issues about installing it on a FAT32
    >formatted hard drive. Do I have to make it a FAT16 formatted hard drive?
    >Something is niggling me that it should be FAT16 but I just can't remember.

    Version B should be fine on a FAT32 partition.
    Invisible, Jul 9, 2003

  3. FAT32 Support started with Windows 95 Service Release 2 (OSR2). In the
    service release two series there was 2.0, 2.1 and 2.5 all of which support
    FAT32. These three versions inside of Windows 95 were displayed as a "B",
    "b" and "C" versions. The service release 2 series was only released OEM,
    there was never any retail versions produced.

    Matthew G Brown, Jul 9, 2003
  4. Rider

    Rider Guest

    "Rider" <> wrote in message
    > For the life of me, because its been awhile since I played with Win95 .. I
    > cant remember if there are any issues about installing it on a FAT32
    > formatted hard drive. Do I have to make it a FAT16 formatted hard drive?
    > Something is niggling me that it should be FAT16 but I just can't

    remember.

    > Rider

    Thanks guys, I had thought version B would be ok so thats what I loaded. You
    have put my mind at ease though .. thanks for the help.

    Rider
    Rider, Jul 9, 2003
  5. Rider

    Mainlander Guest

    In article <befon7$8dg$>,
    says...
    > For the life of me, because its been awhile since I played with Win95 .. I
    > cant remember if there are any issues about installing it on a FAT32
    > formatted hard drive. Do I have to make it a FAT16 formatted hard drive?
    > Something is niggling me that it should be FAT16 but I just can't remember.

    Only Service Release 2 and later actually support FAT32, I don't think
    there are any issues if you have one of these versions.
    Mainlander, Jul 9, 2003