    I'm looking for an emmulator which will run Windows 95 programs on a Windows
    XP system. Some of my older Win95 games will not work on Windows XP.
    Thanks for your help!

    Dan, Apr 22, 2004

  2. Dan

    TT Guest

    Dan wrote:
    > I'm looking for an emmulator which will run Windows 95 programs on a Windows
    > XP system. Some of my older Win95 games will not work on Windows XP.
    > Thanks for your help!

    Have you tried either of these 2 things-right clicking on the icon or
    somehow getting to the properties of the app and choosing compatibility
    or running the "Program Compatibility Wizard"?

    TT, Apr 22, 2004

  3. Dan

    Dan Guest

    Thanks, but I have already tried using compatibility mode. Sorry I should
    have mentioned this in my initial post.

    Dan, Apr 22, 2004
  4. Dan

    Jerry G. Guest

    XP will not be totally compatible to Win95 or Win98 applications.

    Your best bet is to get an older PC, and install Win98 in it. This will be
    totally 95 compatible.

    You can install a network card in the machines, and install a router. This
    will get interesting, because you will be able to be networked between a 95
    and XP machine.

    --

    Greetings,

    Jerry G.
    http://www.zoom-one.com

    Jerry G., Apr 22, 2004
  5. Dan

    Ron Martell Guest

    "Dan" <> wrote:

    >I'm looking for an emmulator which will run Windows 95 programs on a Windows
    >XP system. Some of my older Win95 games will not work on Windows XP.
    >Thanks for your help!

    There are certain things that were acceptable in programs running
    under Windows 95 that are totally prohibited under Windows XP.

    One of these, and probably the main one, is where the programmer
    bypasses operating system function calls and has the application
    control the hardware directly. XP does not allow this and there is
    no way that a program that is written this way can be run under
    Windows XP.

    With games this sort of thing was done most often done with video, as
    the programmers felt they could get some minor performance tweaks by
    doing it this way.

    However just to be certain you could try posting the names of the
    games you are having problems with back here and perhaps someone will
    know of a way that they can be made to work under XP.

    Good luck

    Ron Martell Duncan B.C. Canada
    --
    Microsoft MVP