    Just West Of Nowhere
    Enjoy Life And Live It To Its Fullest
    http://www.NuBoy-Industries.comm
    Old Gringo, Jan 12, 2009

  2. Old Gringo wrote:
    > Maybe Win8 before Win7 hits the shelves. JHC
    > Win7 on my second HD, don't bother.

    You're bucking the reveiws Ive read of it then.
    Funny how Micro$oft would release Vista only to abandon
    it months later...oh wait...we're talking about *microsoft* here.
    Mheh...
    §ñühw¤£f, Jan 12, 2009

  3. Old Gringo

    Old Gringo Guest

    On Or About This Time And Date In History, §ñühw¤£f Stumbled Over To
    The Keyboard And Pecked Out The Following::
    > Old Gringo wrote:
    >> Maybe Win8 before Win7 hits the shelves. JHC
    >> Win7 on my second HD, don't bother.

    > You're bucking the reveiws Ive read of it then.
    > Funny how Micro$oft would release Vista only to abandon
    > it months later...oh wait...we're talking about *microsoft* here.
    > Mheh...

    <g> Product reviews have very little meaning to me these days.

    --
    Old Gringo
    Old Gringo, Jan 12, 2009
  4. Old Gringo

    Old Gringo Guest

    On Or About This Time And Date In History, Manatee Memories Stumbled
    Over To The Keyboard And Pecked Out The Following::
    > On Mon, 12 Jan 2009 17:16:03 -0600, Old Gringo
    > <> wrote, by way of
    > <vfQal.8842$>, in 24hoursupport.helpdesk
    > -->::
    >
    >> On Or About This Time And Date In History, §ñühw¤£f Stumbled Over To
    >> The Keyboard And Pecked Out The Following::
    >>> You're bucking the reveiws Ive read of it then.
    >>> Funny how Micro$oft would release Vista only to abandon
    >>> it months later...oh wait...we're talking about *microsoft* here.
    >>> Mheh...

    >> <g> Product reviews have very little meaning to me these days.

    > I would sooner trust the experiences of folks who peruse the warez
    > groups ;-)

    Yep

    Old Gringo, Jan 13, 2009
  5. Old Gringo

    DevilsPGD Guest

    In message <gkgh56$gbi$> §ñühw¤£f <>
    was claimed to have wrote:

    >Old Gringo wrote:
    >> Maybe Win8 before Win7 hits the shelves. JHC
    >> Win7 on my second HD, don't bother.

    >You're bucking the reveiws Ive read of it then.
    >Funny how Micro$oft would release Vista only to abandon
    >it months later...oh wait...we're talking about *microsoft* here.
    >Mheh...

    Not at all, this is more typical of Microsoft's traditional service pack
    and new OS release schedule, assuming Win7 gets delayed a few months
    like every other OS Microsoft has released.

    XP was the oddity that it lasted as long as it did.
    DevilsPGD, Jan 13, 2009
  6. Old Gringo wrote:
    > On Or About This Time And Date In History, §ñühw¤£f Stumbled Over To The
    > Keyboard And Pecked Out The Following::
    >> Old Gringo wrote:
    >>> Maybe Win8 before Win7 hits the shelves. JHC
    >>> Win7 on my second HD, don't bother.

    >> You're bucking the reveiws Ive read of it then.
    >> Funny how Micro$oft would release Vista only to abandon
    >> it months later...oh wait...we're talking about *microsoft* here.
    >> Mheh...

    > <g> Product reviews have very little meaning to me these days.

    I just read one poasted to Slashdot...its not as approving of the
    offerings from redmond.

    You can get w7beta for free if you want to play with it.
    Thats the only way I'll ever use M$-free-
    Its not better than what I can get from the *nix side for free.

    <shrugs>
    §ñühw¤£f, Jan 13, 2009
  7. DevilsPGD wrote:
    > In message <gkgh56$gbi$> §ñühw¤£f <>
    > was claimed to have wrote:
    >
    >> Old Gringo wrote:
    >>> Maybe Win8 before Win7 hits the shelves. JHC
    >>> Win7 on my second HD, don't bother.

    >> You're bucking the reveiws Ive read of it then.
    >> Funny how Micro$oft would release Vista only to abandon
    >> it months later...oh wait...we're talking about *microsoft* here.
    >> Mheh...

    > Not at all, this is more typical of Microsoft's traditional service pack
    > and new OS release schedule, assuming Win7 gets delayed a few months
    > like every other OS Microsoft has released.

    "The betas are usually faster" was the consensus on /.

    > XP was the oddity that it lasted as long as it did.

    M$ has always competed with itself. I have w98 installed and use it daily.
    §ñühw¤£f, Jan 13, 2009
  8. Old Gringo

    Old Gringo Guest

    On Or About This Time And Date In History, §ñühw¤£f Stumbled Over To
    The Keyboard And Pecked Out The Following::
    > Old Gringo wrote:
    >> On Or About This Time And Date In History, §ñühw¤£f Stumbled Over To
    >> The Keyboard And Pecked Out The Following::
    >>>
    >>> You're bucking the reveiws Ive read of it then.
    >>> Funny how Micro$oft would release Vista only to abandon
    >>> it months later...oh wait...we're talking about *microsoft* here.
    >>> Mheh...

    >> <g> Product reviews have very little meaning to me these days.
    >>

    > I just read one poasted to Slashdot...its not as approving of the
    > offerings from redmond.
    >
    > You can get w7beta for free if you want to play with it.
    > Thats the only way I'll ever use M$-free-
    > Its not better than what I can get from the *nix side for free.
    >
    > <shrugs>

    <g>

    Old Gringo, Jan 14, 2009