    Is there a bypass for this? Or is there a way to make Win7 shows itself as
    version 6.0 instead of 6.1?
    Thanks in advance.

    TMA, May 27, 2009

  2. Look at the properties of the setup file and see if it will let you run
    it in the compatibility mode. If Vista x64 w/SP2 is an option select
    that. If not, then select the Previous version.

    However, be prepared for problems just in case there is something about
    Oracle that might not be compatible with Win 7. I tried this with one
    program and the system crashed with an error that a driver was not
    compatible. Backup you system before you try this. I had to restore
    mine from a backup.

    You really should contact Oracle and talk to their Tech support about
    this issue.

    Bobby Johnson, May 27, 2009

  3. TMA

    TMA Guest

    Thanks Bobby for your post.
    In fact I had this same thought right after hitting the "send" button for my
    It does run the setup program and bypasses the OS version check, but for
    some weird reason the install process took like 30 minutes using 100% of my
    CPU and was about to eat all my RAM, so I decided to stop it.
    I've checked Oracle's website, but couldn't find anything related to Win7,
    so I guess I'll just wait a little more to see news from Oracle.
    Right now I'm going to see if I can use VMWare to run Oracle 10g XE on a XP
    virtual machine and try to access it from Win7. If I succeed, I'll be able
    to keep developing on this platform.

    TMA, May 27, 2009
  4. TMA

    TMA Guest

    Just a PS ....

    I wasn't trying to install Oracle 10g XE, but Oracle 11g Enterprise. Sorry
    for the "typo".
    In fact, Oracle 10g XE universal installs smoothly under Win7.

    TMA, May 27, 2009