    does that mean. It seems that temp files in windows are sometimes
    getting messed up or at least, bit defender keeps finding temp files
    it doesn't like and deleting them.
    joevan, Apr 29, 2011

  2. joevan

    Carlos Guest

    So what would be your question?
    Carlos

    Carlos, Apr 29, 2011

  3. On Apr 29, 12:18 pm, joevan <> wrote:
    > x64 seems to be having a problem making temp files. Someone suggested
    > in another group that x32 made the problem go away. Now what the heck
    > does that mean.  It seems that temp files in windows are sometimes
    > getting messed up or at least,  bit defender keeps finding  temp files
    > it doesn't like and deleting them.

    If you're saying that the BitDefender security program is calculating
    some of your applications' temporary files as malicious data, and
    deleting those - but only in Windows 64-bit - then logically, either
    BitDefender is wrong and those files should be left alone by it, or
    BitDefender is right and you have a virus or something, that is
    appearing in temporary files, but that cannot be removed otherwise.

    Perhaps you're talking about one application program, such as
    Microsoft Internet Explorer, that comes in 64-bit and 32-bit editions.

    Can you point us to the other group - perhaps that is a mistaken
    judgment, the other writer has 32-bit Windows and doesn't have your
    problem but that is only a coincidence?

    If BitDefender is mistakenly deleting temporary files, that is the
    sort of problem that is usually soon fixed by BitDefender (in this
    case) publishing an update to their malicious-object database. But
    maybe they don't test with, or have many users with, 64-bit Windows,
    and htey haven't noticed a problem.

    "Kaspersky Rescue Disk" is a bootable CD image that you can legally
    download for free (without support service) and use to test your
    computer for viruses that BitDefender isn't fully recognising, but I
    haven't used it myself, to tell whether it can be updated itself
    during use with its own service's latest virus information, or whether
    it too is too eager to delete files without asking you first.
    Robert Carnegie, Apr 30, 2011
  4. joevan

    joevan Guest

    On Sat, 30 Apr 2011 02:56:58 -0700 (PDT), Robert Carnegie
    <> wrote:

    >On Apr 29, 12:18 pm, joevan <> wrote:
    >> x64 seems to be having a problem making temp files. Someone suggested
    >> in another group that x32 made the problem go away. Now what the heck
    >> does that mean.  It seems that temp files in windows are sometimes
    >> getting messed up or at least,  bit defender keeps finding  temp files
    >> it doesn't like and deleting them.

    >If you're saying that the BitDefender security program is calculating
    >some of your applications' temporary files as malicious data, and
    >deleting those - but only in Windows 64-bit - then logically, either
    >BitDefender is wrong and those files should be left alone by it, or
    >BitDefender is right and you have a virus or something, that is
    >appearing in temporary files, but that cannot be removed otherwise.
    >
    >Perhaps you're talking about one application program, such as
    >Microsoft Internet Explorer, that comes in 64-bit and 32-bit editions.
    >
    >Can you point us to the other group - perhaps that is a mistaken
    >judgment, the other writer has 32-bit Windows and doesn't have your
    >problem but that is only a coincidence?
    >
    >If BitDefender is mistakenly deleting temporary files, that is the
    >sort of problem that is usually soon fixed by BitDefender (in this
    >case) publishing an update to their malicious-object database. But
    >maybe they don't test with, or have many users with, 64-bit Windows,
    >and htey haven't noticed a problem.
    >
    >"Kaspersky Rescue Disk" is a bootable CD image that you can legally
    >download for free (without support service) and use to test your
    >computer for viruses that BitDefender isn't fully recognising, but I
    >haven't used it myself, to tell whether it can be updated itself
    >during use with its own service's latest virus information, or whether
    >it too is too eager to delete files without asking you first.

    Thank you for your reply and I have used Kaspersky and have it on some
    of my machines. I will maybe give the Kas disk a try if this problem
    persists.
    I think I will contact Bit defender also about the problem.

    Someone said I should be able to delete all the files from windows
    temp without problems.
    BTW the other group which has helped me at times is
    24hrsupport.helpdesk
    If you can tolerate the trolls there such as Dan C it would be great
    to have someone like you to give advice.
    joevan, Apr 30, 2011
  5. On Apr 30, 12:04 pm, joevan <> wrote:
    > On Sat, 30 Apr 2011 02:56:58 -0700 (PDT), Robert Carnegie
    >

    > <> wrote:
    > >On Apr 29, 12:18 pm, joevan <> wrote:
    > >> x64 seems to be having a problem making temp files. Someone suggested
    > >> in another group that x32 made the problem go away. Now what the heck
    > >> does that mean.  It seems that temp files in windows are sometimes
    > >> getting messed up or at least,  bit defender keeps finding  temp files
    > >> it doesn't like and deleting them.

    > >If you're saying that the BitDefender security program is calculating
    > >some of your applications' temporary files as malicious data, and
    > >deleting those - but only in Windows 64-bit - then logically, either
    > >BitDefender is wrong and those files should be left alone by it, or
    > >BitDefender is right and you have a virus or something, that is
    > >appearing in temporary files, but that cannot be removed otherwise.

    > >Perhaps you're talking about one application program, such as
    > >Microsoft Internet Explorer, that comes in 64-bit and 32-bit editions.

    > >Can you point us to the other group - perhaps that is a mistaken
    > >judgment, the other writer has 32-bit Windows and doesn't have your
    > >problem but that is only a coincidence?

    > >If BitDefender is mistakenly deleting temporary files, that is the
    > >sort of problem that is usually soon fixed by BitDefender (in this
    > >case) publishing an update to their malicious-object database.  But
    > >maybe they don't test with, or have many users with, 64-bit Windows,
    > >and htey haven't noticed a problem.

    > >"Kaspersky Rescue Disk" is a bootable CD image that you can legally
    > >download for free (without support service) and use to test your
    > >computer for viruses that BitDefender isn't fully recognising, but I
    > >haven't used it myself, to tell whether it can be updated itself
    > >during use with its own service's latest virus information, or whether
    > >it too is too eager to delete files without asking you first.

    > Thank you for your reply and I have used Kaspersky and have it on some
    > of my machines.  I will maybe give the Kas disk a try if this problem
    > persists.
    > I think I will contact Bit defender also about the problem.
    >
    >  Someone said I should be able to delete all the files from windows
    > temp without problems.
    > BTW the other group which has helped me at times is
    > 24hrsupport.helpdesk
    > If you can tolerate the trolls there such as Dan C it would be great
    > to have someone like you to give advice.

    Certainly if you reboot the PC, any temporary files dated before the
    reboot, you can delete. Browser cache not so much.

    Maybe booting and then running "Disk cleanup" is the best way to get
    at that.

    But a virus will try to avoid being deleted, or to re-download
    itself...
    Robert Carnegie, Apr 30, 2011
  6. joevan

    joevan Guest

    On Sat, 30 Apr 2011 12:54:06 -0700 (PDT), Robert Carnegie
    <> wrote:

    >On Apr 30, 12:04 pm, joevan <> wrote:
    >> On Sat, 30 Apr 2011 02:56:58 -0700 (PDT), Robert Carnegie
    >>

    >> <> wrote:

    >> >If you're saying that the BitDefender security program is calculating
    >> >some of your applications' temporary files as malicious data, and
    >> >deleting those - but only in Windows 64-bit - then logically, either
    >> >BitDefender is wrong and those files should be left alone by it, or
    >> >BitDefender is right and you have a virus or something, that is
    >> >appearing in temporary files, but that cannot be removed otherwise.

    >> >Perhaps you're talking about one application program, such as
    >> >Microsoft Internet Explorer, that comes in 64-bit and 32-bit editions.

    >> >Can you point us to the other group - perhaps that is a mistaken
    >> >judgment, the other writer has 32-bit Windows and doesn't have your
    >> >problem but that is only a coincidence?

    >> >If BitDefender is mistakenly deleting temporary files, that is the
    >> >sort of problem that is usually soon fixed by BitDefender (in this
    >> >case) publishing an update to their malicious-object database.  But
    >> >maybe they don't test with, or have many users with, 64-bit Windows,
    >> >and htey haven't noticed a problem.

    >> >"Kaspersky Rescue Disk" is a bootable CD image that you can legally
    >> >download for free (without support service) and use to test your
    >> >computer for viruses that BitDefender isn't fully recognising, but I
    >> >haven't used it myself, to tell whether it can be updated itself
    >> >during use with its own service's latest virus information, or whether
    >> >it too is too eager to delete files without asking you first.

    >> Thank you for your reply and I have used Kaspersky and have it on some
    >> of my machines.  I will maybe give the Kas disk a try if this problem
    >> persists.
    >> I think I will contact Bit defender also about the problem.
    >>
    >>  Someone said I should be able to delete all the files from windows
    >> temp without problems.
    >> BTW the other group which has helped me at times is
    >> 24hrsupport.helpdesk
    >> If you can tolerate the trolls there such as Dan C it would be great
    >> to have someone like you to give advice.

    >Certainly if you reboot the PC, any temporary files dated before the
    >reboot, you can delete. Browser cache not so much.
    >
    >Maybe booting and then running "Disk cleanup" is the best way to get
    >at that.
    >
    >But a virus will try to avoid being deleted, or to re-download
    >itself...

    Thanks, I send some of your info to them and they sent me a link to
    download the new 2011 bdav. All seems to be AOK now.
    joevan, May 1, 2011
  7. joevan

    wilby Guest

    On 4/30/2011 5:04 AM, joevan wrote:
    > On Sat, 30 Apr 2011 02:56:58 -0700 (PDT), Robert Carnegie
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >> On Apr 29, 12:18 pm, joevan<> wrote:
    >>> x64 seems to be having a problem making temp files. Someone suggested
    >>> in another group that x32 made the problem go away. Now what the heck
    >>> does that mean. It seems that temp files in windows are sometimes
    >>> getting messed up or at least, bit defender keeps finding temp files
    >>> it doesn't like and deleting them.

    >> If you're saying that the BitDefender security program is calculating
    >> some of your applications' temporary files as malicious data, and
    >> deleting those - but only in Windows 64-bit - then logically, either
    >> BitDefender is wrong and those files should be left alone by it, or
    >> BitDefender is right and you have a virus or something, that is
    >> appearing in temporary files, but that cannot be removed otherwise.
    >>
    >> Perhaps you're talking about one application program, such as
    >> Microsoft Internet Explorer, that comes in 64-bit and 32-bit editions.
    >>
    >> Can you point us to the other group - perhaps that is a mistaken
    >> judgment, the other writer has 32-bit Windows and doesn't have your
    >> problem but that is only a coincidence?
    >>
    >> If BitDefender is mistakenly deleting temporary files, that is the
    >> sort of problem that is usually soon fixed by BitDefender (in this
    >> case) publishing an update to their malicious-object database. But
    >> maybe they don't test with, or have many users with, 64-bit Windows,
    >> and htey haven't noticed a problem.
    >>
    >> "Kaspersky Rescue Disk" is a bootable CD image that you can legally
    >> download for free (without support service) and use to test your
    >> computer for viruses that BitDefender isn't fully recognising, but I
    >> haven't used it myself, to tell whether it can be updated itself
    >> during use with its own service's latest virus information, or whether
    >> it too is too eager to delete files without asking you first.

    > Thank you for your reply and I have used Kaspersky and have it on some
    > of my machines. I will maybe give the Kas disk a try if this problem
    > persists.
    > I think I will contact Bit defender also about the problem.
    >

    > Someone said I should be able to delete all the files from windows
    > temp without problems.
    > BTW the other group which has helped me at times is
    > 24hrsupport.helpdesk
    > If you can tolerate the trolls there such as Dan C it would be great
    > to have someone like you to give advice.

    Joevan:

    I would look at this situation based on my experience with BitDefender.
    I have never paid for a worse and buggy software in my life than
    BitDefender. Even the worst freeware is better than BD. I will never
    ever allow BD on my computers again.

    You may have a better experience with BD than I did. I hope so. Version
    2011 may actually work, I refused to test it. 2008, 2009, & 2010 didn't.

    BD on-line help was generally worthless however I did get some genuine
    help occasionally.

    Wilby
    wilby, May 2, 2011
  8. On Apr 30, 12:04 pm, joevan <> wrote:
    > On Sat, 30 Apr 2011 02:56:58 -0700 (PDT), Robert Carnegie
    >

    > <> wrote:
    > >On Apr 29, 12:18 pm, joevan <> wrote:
    > >> x64 seems to be having a problem making temp files. Someone suggested
    > >> in another group that x32 made the problem go away. Now what the heck
    > >> does that mean.  It seems that temp files in windows are sometimes
    > >> getting messed up or at least,  bit defender keeps finding  temp files
    > >> it doesn't like and deleting them.

    > >If you're saying that the BitDefender security program is calculating
    > >some of your applications' temporary files as malicious data, and
    > >deleting those - but only in Windows 64-bit - then logically, either
    > >BitDefender is wrong and those files should be left alone by it, or
    > >BitDefender is right and you have a virus or something, that is
    > >appearing in temporary files, but that cannot be removed otherwise.

    > >Perhaps you're talking about one application program, such as
    > >Microsoft Internet Explorer, that comes in 64-bit and 32-bit editions.

    > >Can you point us to the other group - perhaps that is a mistaken
    > >judgment, the other writer has 32-bit Windows and doesn't have your
    > >problem but that is only a coincidence?

    > >If BitDefender is mistakenly deleting temporary files, that is the
    > >sort of problem that is usually soon fixed by BitDefender (in this
    > >case) publishing an update to their malicious-object database.  But
    > >maybe they don't test with, or have many users with, 64-bit Windows,
    > >and htey haven't noticed a problem.

    > >"Kaspersky Rescue Disk" is a bootable CD image that you can legally
    > >download for free (without support service) and use to test your
    > >computer for viruses that BitDefender isn't fully recognising, but I
    > >haven't used it myself, to tell whether it can be updated itself
    > >during use with its own service's latest virus information, or whether
    > >it too is too eager to delete files without asking you first.

    > Thank you for your reply and I have used Kaspersky and have it on some
    > of my machines.  I will maybe give the Kas disk a try if this problem
    > persists.
    > I think I will contact Bit defender also about the problem.
    >
    >  Someone said I should be able to delete all the files from windows
    > temp without problems.
    > BTW the other group which has helped me at times is
    > 24hrsupport.helpdesk
    > If you can tolerate the trolls there such as Dan C it would be great
    > to have someone like you to give advice.

    Do you mean "24hoursupprt.helpdesk"? i.e. this?
    <http://groups.google.com/group/24hoursupport.helpdesk/topics>

    My first thought is "I see what you mean." And, hey, Osama bin Laden
    died.
    Robert Carnegie, May 2, 2011
  9. joevan

    joevan Guest

    On Mon, 2 May 2011 06:45:47 -0700 (PDT), Robert Carnegie
    <> wrote:

    >On Apr 30, 12:04 pm, joevan <> wrote:
    >> On Sat, 30 Apr 2011 02:56:58 -0700 (PDT), Robert Carnegie
    >>

    >> <> wrote:

    >> >If you're saying that the BitDefender security program is calculating
    >> >some of your applications' temporary files as malicious data, and
    >> >deleting those - but only in Windows 64-bit - then logically, either
    >> >BitDefender is wrong and those files should be left alone by it, or
    >> >BitDefender is right and you have a virus or something, that is
    >> >appearing in temporary files, but that cannot be removed otherwise.

    >> >Perhaps you're talking about one application program, such as
    >> >Microsoft Internet Explorer, that comes in 64-bit and 32-bit editions.

    >> >Can you point us to the other group - perhaps that is a mistaken
    >> >judgment, the other writer has 32-bit Windows and doesn't have your
    >> >problem but that is only a coincidence?

    >> >If BitDefender is mistakenly deleting temporary files, that is the
    >> >sort of problem that is usually soon fixed by BitDefender (in this
    >> >case) publishing an update to their malicious-object database.  But
    >> >maybe they don't test with, or have many users with, 64-bit Windows,
    >> >and htey haven't noticed a problem.

    >> >"Kaspersky Rescue Disk" is a bootable CD image that you can legally
    >> >download for free (without support service) and use to test your
    >> >computer for viruses that BitDefender isn't fully recognising, but I
    >> >haven't used it myself, to tell whether it can be updated itself
    >> >during use with its own service's latest virus information, or whether
    >> >it too is too eager to delete files without asking you first.

    >> Thank you for your reply and I have used Kaspersky and have it on some
    >> of my machines.  I will maybe give the Kas disk a try if this problem
    >> persists.
    >> I think I will contact Bit defender also about the problem.
    >>
    >>  Someone said I should be able to delete all the files from windows
    >> temp without problems.
    >> BTW the other group which has helped me at times is
    >> 24hrsupport.helpdesk
    >> If you can tolerate the trolls there such as Dan C it would be great
    >> to have someone like you to give advice.

    >Do you mean "24hoursupprt.helpdesk"? i.e. this?
    ><http://groups.google.com/group/24hoursupport.helpdesk/topics>
    >
    >My first thought is "I see what you mean." And, hey, Osama bin Laden
    >died.

    Yes, :Ding Dong, the bitch is dead. Bong Bong.
    joevan, May 2, 2011
  10. joevan

    Bill Sharpe Guest

    --

    BullDawg
    In God We Trust
    <Snipped>

    >>And, hey, Osama bin Laden
    >>died.

    > Yes, :Ding Dong, the bitch is dead. Bong Bong.

    Where is the long form death certificate?
    Bill Sharpe, May 2, 2011