    programs that she does not want or use anyways.

    I would assume all will be fine but just like the old story "Lord help me if
    I screw it up!!" Any advice from here ??
    Drew, Oct 21, 2009

  2. I updated, clean install from vista 32 to windows ultimate 64 on a HP
    tablet. I got rid of all the stuff to be polite that HP includes got rid by
    choice of the restore partition and installed. Windows found everything I
    think the only thing it may not have found is the web camera I don't use it.
    It found the finger print reader and all other drivers. The touch screen
    work just fine. If I knew where to check the camera I would try but
    otherwise all is ok go for it

    Matt Schneyer, Oct 21, 2009

  3. Drew

    Dennis Pack Guest

    Drew:
    Based on HP driver download at
    "http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareCategory?product=3762887&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&lang=en&cc=us&submit=Go%20ยป"
    Win-7 x64 has drivers available so an upgrade should be possible. Have a
    great day.

    --
    Dennis Pack
    Win-7 Enterprise x64

    __________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 4527 (20091020) __________

    http://www.eset.com
    Dennis Pack, Oct 21, 2009
  4. Drew

    Barb Bowman Guest

    It should be a good upgrade based on my experience with an IQ506.
    You may see one error message during the upgrade that you can click
    OK to and safely ignore. The new NextWindows touch driver is on the
    HP site as well. I'm very happy with my two touchsmarts running W7.

    On Tue, 20 Oct 2009 16:46:52 -0700, "Drew" <>
    wrote:

    >I know there are other places to post but I have always seemed to get the
    >most help here. Let's start at the beginning, Holy crap I made a mistake
    >calling HP in regards to upgrading my wife's 11 month old IQ804 touchsmart
    >from win vista home prem 64 to win7 home prem 64!! They could not tell me
    >whether if I bought a disc from Microsoft versus one from them as to whether
    >it would be compatible or not!..
    >
    >Since I will be doing a in place upgrade I can't imagine I will lose any
    >functionality or any of the hp touch software. This pc is only used for her
    >e-mail, finances, other spreadsheets, her music and some games. I am
    >surprised that they could not tell me whether it would work or not. The
    >windows 7 upgrade advisor says all will be fine except for a couple of
    >programs that she does not want or use anyways.
    >
    >I would assume all will be fine but just like the old story "Lord help me if
    >I screw it up!!" Any advice from here ??

    Barb Bowman
    MS-MVP
    http://www.digitalmediaphile.com
    http://digitalmediaphile.wordpress.com