    cursor) Before the reinstall (fresh to a ssd) it displayed the desktop
    right away (<3 secs) and then processed all the startup apps while the
    mouse cursor spun for 20-25 secs? Any idea why the change?
    Matt, Sep 2, 2010

  2. Matt

    VanguardLH Guest

    Matt wrote:

    > Reinstalled win7 64 ultimate and now it pauses for 10+ secs after I enter
    > the pwd then displays the desktop ready to go (ie: no spining mouse
    > cursor) Before the reinstall (fresh to a ssd) it displayed the desktop
    > right away (<3 secs) and then processed all the startup apps while the
    > mouse cursor spun for 20-25 secs? Any idea why the change?

    If this was a fresh install (so it was a new install), did you include
    installing all the drivers for your motherboard and all its devices?
    Visit the mobo maker's site and install their driver package for your
    unindentified brand and model of motherboard.
    VanguardLH, Sep 2, 2010

  3. Matt

    Meat Plow Guest

    On Thu, 02 Sep 2010 06:13:48 +0000, Matt wrote:

    > Reinstalled win7 64 ultimate and now it pauses for 10+ secs after I
    > enter the pwd then displays the desktop ready to go (ie: no spining
    > mouse cursor) Before the reinstall (fresh to a ssd) it displayed the
    > desktop right away (<3 secs) and then processed all the startup apps
    > while the mouse cursor spun for 20-25 secs? Any idea why the change?

    Check in the event viewer for clues.

    Meat Plow, Sep 2, 2010
  4. Matt

    Matt Guest

    On Thu, 02 Sep 2010 06:13:48 +0000, Matt wrote:

    > Reinstalled win7 64 ultimate and now it pauses for 10+ secs after I enter
    > the pwd then displays the desktop ready to go (ie: no spining mouse
    > cursor) Before the reinstall (fresh to a ssd) it displayed the desktop
    > right away (<3 secs) and then processed all the startup apps while the
    > mouse cursor spun for 20-25 secs? Any idea why the change?

    This is unreal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It was because of my SOLID color desktop
    background screen!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    http://blogs.techrepublic.com.com/itdojo/?p=1735

    Changed to standard windows background and now it is instantaneous after I
    enter the password.

    What were they thinking???????????????????????
    Matt, Sep 3, 2010
  5. Matt wrote:
    > On Thu, 02 Sep 2010 06:13:48 +0000, Matt wrote:
    >
    > > Reinstalled win7 64 ultimate and now it pauses for 10+ secs after I enter
    > > the pwd then displays the desktop ready to go (ie: no spining mouse
    > > cursor) Before the reinstall (fresh to a ssd) it displayed the desktop
    > > right away (<3 secs) and then processed all the startup apps while the
    > > mouse cursor spun for 20-25 secs? Any idea why the change?

    > This is unreal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It was because of my SOLID color desktop
    > background screen!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    > http://blogs.techrepublic.com.com/itdojo/?p=1735
    >
    > Changed to standard windows background and now it is instantaneous after I
    > enter the password.

    Yea I noticed that before too and figured that was what did it.
    monkeywintest, Sep 3, 2010
  6. Matt

    Meat Plow Guest

    On Fri, 03 Sep 2010 02:36:52 +0000, Matt wrote:

    > On Thu, 02 Sep 2010 06:13:48 +0000, Matt wrote:
    >
    >> Reinstalled win7 64 ultimate and now it pauses for 10+ secs after I
    >> enter the pwd then displays the desktop ready to go (ie: no spining
    >> mouse cursor) Before the reinstall (fresh to a ssd) it displayed the
    >> desktop right away (<3 secs) and then processed all the startup apps
    >> while the mouse cursor spun for 20-25 secs? Any idea why the change?

    > This is unreal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It was because of my SOLID color desktop
    > background screen!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    > http://blogs.techrepublic.com.com/itdojo/?p=1735
    >
    > Changed to standard windows background and now it is instantaneous after
    > I enter the password.
    >
    > What were they thinking???????????????????????

    How large was the solid desktop image you were loading?

    Meat Plow, Sep 3, 2010
  7. Matt

    Matt Guest

    On Fri, 03 Sep 2010 11:45:57 +0000, Meat Plow wrote:

    > On Fri, 03 Sep 2010 02:36:52 +0000, Matt wrote:
    >
    >> On Thu, 02 Sep 2010 06:13:48 +0000, Matt wrote:
    >>
    >>> Reinstalled win7 64 ultimate and now it pauses for 10+ secs after I
    >>> enter the pwd then displays the desktop ready to go (ie: no spining
    >>> mouse cursor) Before the reinstall (fresh to a ssd) it displayed the
    >>> desktop right away (<3 secs) and then processed all the startup apps
    >>> while the mouse cursor spun for 20-25 secs? Any idea why the change?

    >> This is unreal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It was because of my SOLID color desktop
    >> background screen!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    >> http://blogs.techrepublic.com.com/itdojo/?p=1735
    >>
    >> Changed to standard windows background and now it is instantaneous after
    >> I enter the password.
    >>
    >> What were they thinking???????????????????????

    > How large was the solid desktop image you were loading?

    Just choose the standard solid desktop from personalization
    Matt, Sep 3, 2010
  8. Matt

    Meat Plow Guest

    On Fri, 03 Sep 2010 21:50:55 +0000, Matt wrote:

    > On Fri, 03 Sep 2010 11:45:57 +0000, Meat Plow wrote:

    >>> This is unreal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It was because of my SOLID color
    >>> desktop background screen!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    >>> http://blogs.techrepublic.com.com/itdojo/?p=1735
    >>>
    >>> Changed to standard windows background and now it is instantaneous
    >>> after I enter the password.
    >>>
    >>> What were they thinking???????????????????????

    >> How large was the solid desktop image you were loading?

    > Just choose the standard solid desktop from personalization

    I'll do that next time I boot 7 up but that's usually not for weeks.

    Meat Plow, Sep 3, 2010