Win7 "Show Desktop" button -- how to move? <pic>

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by G. Morgan, Sep 13, 2009.

  1. G. Morgan

    G. Morgan Guest

    G. Morgan, Sep 13, 2009

  2. G. Morgan

    Mike Easter Guest

    G. Morgan wrote:
    > How do I move the "Show Desktop" button over to the left side, where
    > I'm used to having it?
    >
    > This pic may help explain it better:
    > http://img199.imageshack.us/img199/248/win7showdt.jpg

    http://snipr.com/rsnbj How to Get the Good Old "Show Desktop" Feature
    Back in Windows 7?

    The new button on the R end does the old function and also can do 'Aero
    Peek' - or you can use the key combo Win+D - or you can R click the
    taskbar and click show desktop - or you can create the showdesktop .scf
    script file as described at the link above and put it into the L
    position you like.

    --
    Mike Easter

    Mike Easter, Sep 13, 2009

  3. G. Morgan

    G. Morgan Guest

    On Sat, 12 Sep 2009 23:59:00 -0700, "Mike Easter" <> wrote:

    >http://snipr.com/rsnbj How to Get the Good Old "Show Desktop" Feature
    >Back in Windows 7?
    >
    >The new button on the R end does the old function and also can do 'Aero
    >Peek' - or you can use the key combo Win+D - or you can R click the
    >taskbar and click show desktop - or you can create the showdesktop .scf
    >script file as described at the link above and put it into the L
    >position you like.

    Thanks, I'll stick with the keyboard shortcut. I made the script and it's
    ugly.

    G. Morgan, Sep 13, 2009
  4. G. Morgan

    G. Morgan Guest

    On Sat, 12 Sep 2009 22:15:28 -0700, Evan Platt
    <> wrote:

    >Your arrow looks like it's pointing to the clock?

    It's meant to point to the rectangle on the right of the clock.

    It's nice to have, but inconvenient to move the mouse over there. I don't
    know why M$ locked it over there.

    G. Morgan, Sep 13, 2009