    anyone else with this problem?

    Thanks
    Jack

    Jack, Apr 14, 2010

  2. Jack

    Kue2 Guest

    Jack
    did you try a different mouse? Is this with win7 pro 64?

    Kue2, Apr 14, 2010

  3. Jack

    Carlos Guest

    Jack,
    Which of all the operations in copy/paste doesn't work?
    I mean.
    1.- Left click, hold, drag to select.
    2.- Right click on the selection, click on copy.
    3.- Right click on target, click on paste.
    Carlos

    Carlos, Apr 14, 2010
  4. Jack

    Jack Guest

    Yes I'm using win7 pro 64
    The Copy & Paste works on my desktop apps but not on the internet. When I
    try and copy a word or a link the little blue arrow appears but not the
    drop/down menu. I have used 3 different mice and it makes no difference.

    Jack, Apr 15, 2010
  5. Jack

    Carlos Guest

    Jack,
    Let's go step by step.
    What happens when you left click and drag the mouse?
    Can you highlight the text you want to copy?
    Carlos

    Carlos, Apr 15, 2010
  6. Jack

    KCB Guest

    "Jack" <> wrote in message
    > Yes I'm using win7 pro 64
    > The Copy & Paste works on my desktop apps but not on the internet. When I
    > try and copy a word or a link the little blue arrow appears but not the
    > drop/down menu. I have used 3 different mice and it makes no difference.

    After you highlight the selection, then right-click the highlighted text,
    your context menu should appear, with copy being one of your choices. The
    blue arrow indicates that an accelerator is available. To see available
    accelerators, click the arrow. These choices could include email, map, and
    search, among others. There are many accelerators to choose from and
    install. Once you get the copy/paste thing, maybe you would like to check
    those out too.

    KCB, Apr 16, 2010
  7. "Jack" <> wrote in message
    > Yes I'm using win7 pro 64
    > The Copy & Paste works on my desktop apps but not on the internet.

    > When I try and copy a word or a link the little blue arrow appears but not
    > the drop/down menu. I have used 3 different mice and it makes no
    > difference.

    Try disabling the new accelerators list. In IE8 use Tools, Options,
    Advanced tab,
    _uncheck_ Display Accelerator button on selection

    ---

    Robert Aldwinckle, Apr 16, 2010
  8. Jack

    Jack Guest

    I tried to unclick what Robert said and that didn't work.
    When I left click and drag the mouse to highlight... everything highlights
    ok but when I right click only the little blue arrow shows up with NO
    drop/down menu. This is only on 90% of the internet, It will work with the
    keyboard hot keys.

    Jack, Apr 16, 2010
  9. Jack

    Carlos Guest

    Jack,
    You are supposed to right click on the highlighted area and not on the arrow.
    That's why you can't get the context menu for copying.
    :)
    Carlos

    Carlos, Apr 16, 2010
  10. Jack

    Jack Guest

    I know how to copy and paste, it just dosen't work. something didn't
    install correctly is the only thing I can figure.

    Jack, Apr 16, 2010
  11. Jack

    KCB Guest

    "Jack" <> wrote in message
    > I know how to copy and paste, it just dosen't work. something didn't
    > install correctly is the only thing I can figure.

    Have you tried running IE with no add-ons? If it works with no add-ons then
    you may have a Toolbar or other IE extension interfering, or it may be some
    other (unrelated to IE) program that has modified your context menu. The
    context menu is what you are referring to as the drop/down.

    To run IE with no add-ons, Click the Start button, All Programs,
    Accessories, System Tools, you'll see a short cut for Internet Explorer (no
    add-ons).

    KCB, Apr 16, 2010
  12. You are not doing it correctly if you right click on the little blue
    arrow. If you right click on the highlighted text it should work
    correctly. The little blue arrow if for searching the internet, not
    copy copy and paste.

    Bobby Johnson, Apr 16, 2010
  13. "Jack" <> wrote in message
    > I tried to unclick what Robert said and that didn't work.

    Perhaps you need to restart IE? FWIW it works for me. No "little blue
    arrow". ; )

    Robert Aldwinckle, Apr 17, 2010
  14. Jack

    Jack Guest

    I switched to running IE with no add-ons and it works fine now.
    And I wasn't clicking any blue arrow,, all I said is that’s all that
    appears when I right click a highlighted text.

    Jack, Apr 18, 2010
  15. Jack

    KCB Guest

    > "KCB" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> "Jack" <> wrote in message
    >>> I know how to copy and paste, it just dosen't work. something didn't
    >>> install correctly is the only thing I can figure.

    >> Have you tried running IE with no add-ons? If it works with no add-ons
    >> then you may have a Toolbar or other IE extension interfering, or it may
    >> be some other (unrelated to IE) program that has modified your context
    >> menu. The context menu is what you are referring to as the drop/down.
    >>
    >> To run IE with no add-ons, Click the Start button, All Programs,
    >> Accessories, System Tools, you'll see a short cut for Internet Explorer
    >> (no add-ons).

    >"Jack" <> wrote in message
    > I switched to running IE with no add-ons and it works fine now.
    > And I wasn't clicking any blue arrow,, all I said is that’s all that
    > appears when I right click a highlighted text.

    You've seemed to confirm that it is one of your IE add-ons messing with your
    context menu. Start IE normally, then go to Tools/Manage Add-ons. There,
    you can disable them, one-at-a-time, checking your copy/paste function after
    each change. This should tell you which one is causing you grief. Either
    leave it disabled, or uninstall it.

    KCB, Apr 18, 2010