Win7 64bit - Excel 2007 - poor performance on new PC because of splwow64.exe

Discussion in 'Windows 64bit' started by arno sebastian, Apr 30, 2010.

  1. Hello NG,

    I have a brandnew PC with Win7 Pro 64bit, 8GB RAM etc.

    There is Excel 2007 (32bit) installed and the performance in Excel is
    extremly poor.

    The trouble starts when I do something in Excel related to printing and the
    task splwow64.exe starts working - consuming 1 of my 8 processors.

    Eg. I have very simple tables with a few sum-formulas and fixed
    rows/columns. Whenever I enter a new value, move up or down with the cursor
    the system is very slow and splwow64 is working. When I press page down, it
    takes seconds to see all the 4 parts of my sheets, each part takes a while.
    It is nearly impossible to work under these circumstances.

    Do you know a solution to this problem?

    Google did not help, I have a company anti virus software and firewall etc.
    so I can hardly believe it is a virus or something similar.

    thank you
    arno

    arno sebastian, Apr 30, 2010