    Jeff Gaines Dorset UK
    If you ever find something you like buy a lifetime supply because they
    will stop making it

    Jeff Gaines, Oct 28, 2009

  2. Jeff Gaines

    Dennis Pack Guest

    Jeff:
    I don't know if it will help but I'm running Win-7 Enterprise x64
    and Professional x64 with Nod32 version 4 x64 and a hotmail e-mail account.
    PDF attachments are listed as PDF files and open normally with Adobe or
    Foxit Readers installed. Have a great day.

    --
    Dennis Pack
    Win-7 Enterprise x64, Win-7 Professional x64.

    __________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 4552 (20091028) __________

    http://www.eset.com

    Dennis Pack, Oct 28, 2009

  3. Jeff Gaines

    Dennis Pack Guest

    Jeff:
    I forgot to add to my previous reply that installing Pocosystems
    Barca 2 in compatibility mode for the last operating system that it worked
    properly with may work, I've found that to be a solution to a couple
    programs that haven't been upgraded yet.

    --
    Dennis Pack
    Win-7 Enterprise x64

    Dennis Pack, Oct 28, 2009
  4. Jeff Gaines

    Jeff Gaines Guest

    On 28/10/2009 in message <O$> Dennis
    Pack wrote:

    >Jeff:
    > I forgot to add to my previous reply that installing Pocosystems Barca 2 in compatibility mode for the last operating system that it worked properly with may work, I've found that to be a solution to a couple programs that haven't been upgraded yet.

    Hi Dennis, thanks for your reply :)

    I spent 3 hours on the 'phone tonight with a colleague who reads stuff off
    hard drives with a microscope - word processors are for wimps! Barca is
    putting spurious lines in when decoding multi part attachments, don't know
    why and I will do a check tomorrow with TheBat! before concluding it is
    Barca, but it looks likely. I will head off to the Barca forum...

    --
    Jeff Gaines Dorset UK
    This is as bad as it can get, but don't bet on it

    Jeff Gaines, Oct 28, 2009
  5. Jeff Gaines

    Jeff Gaines Guest

    On 28/10/2009 in message <> Jeff
    Gaines wrote:

    >On 28/10/2009 in message <O$> Dennis
    >Pack wrote:
    >
    >>Jeff:
    >> I forgot to add to my previous reply that installing Pocosystems Barca 2 in compatibility mode for the last operating system that it worked properly with may work, I've found that to be a solution to a couple programs that haven't been upgraded yet.

    >Hi Dennis, thanks for your reply :)
    >
    >I spent 3 hours on the 'phone tonight with a colleague who reads stuff off
    >hard drives with a microscope - word processors are for wimps! Barca is
    >putting spurious lines in when decoding multi part attachments, don't know
    >why and I will do a check tomorrow with TheBat! before concluding it is
    >Barca, but it looks likely. I will head off to the Barca forum...

    Just to follow up in case anybody else wants to use Barca on Win7-64.
    TheBat! decodes these attachments perfectly so it does appear to be a
    Barca problem. I am following it up with Pocosystems.

    --
    Jeff Gaines Dorset UK
    There is absolutely no substitute for a genuine lack of preparation

    Jeff Gaines, Oct 29, 2009