    Do you know what is wrong or if ther is another good solution for this hint?

    Thanks in advance
    Max
    Max, May 17, 2010

  2. With Microsoft Windows Virtual PC there is only access to serial and USB
    ports in a virtual machine.

    If you use Virtualbox or VMware Player you can access parallel ports on
    the host machine.

    Dominic Payer, May 17, 2010

  3. MS virtualization products do not support a virtual parallel port. There are
    lots of possible workarounds, however. VMWare or VirtualBox both support a
    virtual parallel port. Or, a far better solution, is an inexpensive network
    print server with one or more parallel port outputs. I far prefer a network
    solution, since it has far less overhead on your host and is more platform
    independent.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/blogs/russel

    Charlie Russel - MVP, May 17, 2010
  4. Max

    Max Guest

    thanks, I will try Virtualbox and /or WMware

    Max

    Max, May 18, 2010
  5. Max

    Carlos Guest

    Max,
    I cannot refrain from asking...
    Which is that "old hardware" (make, model) that you connect to the parallel
    port?
    I may assume it is a printer but it could also be a scanner, a zip drive, etc.
    Some workaround might show up if you give us the details.
    :)
    Carlos

    Carlos, May 18, 2010
  6. Max

    Max Guest

    I have an old scanner ACER PRISA 320P and it is not time to change it (at
    the moment).

    I have the drivers running under winXP but no matter to find updated drivers
    running under win7 64bit.
    For this reason I thought to use a virtual machine with my old XP installed
    to continue using this scanner for a little.

    Max

    Max, May 19, 2010
  7. Max

    Carlos Guest

    Max,
    Then this may be your lucky day.
    These guys:
    http://www.hamrick.com/
    make drivers for outdated scanners like yours.
    There is even a free trial so you can try before you buy (the software).
    Best of luck.
    Carlos

    Carlos, May 19, 2010
  8. Max

    Max Guest

    Thanks Carlos I'm already downloading ;P

    Max, May 19, 2010
  9. Max

    Max Guest

    :(

    my scanner it is not in the list and the system does not recognize it.

    Max, May 24, 2010
  10. Max

    Max Guest

    Virtual Box does not support parallel ports, I will try with VM

    Max, May 24, 2010