win7 64 probs windows all same size, skewed HDD rating

Discussion in 'Windows 64bit' started by *BUSY*, Oct 20, 2009.

  1. *BUSY*

    *BUSY* Guest

    I want my windows to open back up at the size I set them but they open to
    the size of the last window size set. In other words the Windows7 does not
    remember the individual size settings for windows.

    I have two WD Velociraptors in RAID0 and their rating is only 6.2. 6.2 based
    on what? SSDs are the only thing faster and they are far from being
    mainstream material. You, They, Microsoft, needs to adjust this rating
    unless they are in the SSD selling business.

    Adobe Reader 9.2 failed miserably as it crashed IE8. It is the only version
    of AR available for win 7 from their download site. I will get an earlier
    version of this borderline malware so I can spend the rest of my day off
    doing what I had planned to do earlier.

    Speaking of malware, Windows live mail is up and working after I
    circumvented all the spam and deceptively-integrated check boxes. Security
    settings to veiw HTML mail have been buried even deeper. I need to find some
    way to integrate all my e-mail accounts into one in the left pane as they
    are all listed seperately in a squeezed-up mass. Other than that it looks
    pretty much like the old OE.

    Overall, I'm liking windows 7. It is the logical successor to XP, snappy and
    way more reponesive than Vi..., Vi.., what was the name of that OS again?

    __________ Information from ESET Smart Security, version of virus signature database 4527 (20091020) __________

    http://www.eset.com
    *BUSY*, Oct 20, 2009

  2. *BUSY*

    Carlos Guest

    Dump Adobe Reader 9.2, download freeware Foxit Reader
    (http://www.foxitsoftware.com/pdf/reader/).
    Faster & lighter.
    Carlos

    Carlos, Oct 21, 2009

  3. *BUSY*

    Franz Leu Guest

    *BUSY* schrieb:
    > I want my windows to open back up at the size I set them but they open
    > to the size of the last window size set. In other words the Windows7
    > does not remember the individual size settings for windows.
    >
    > I have two WD Velociraptors in RAID0 and their rating is only 6.2. 6.2
    > based on what? SSDs are the only thing faster and they are far from
    > being mainstream material. You, They, Microsoft, needs to adjust this
    > rating unless they are in the SSD selling business.
    >
    > Adobe Reader 9.2 failed miserably as it crashed IE8. It is the only
    > version of AR available for win 7 from their download site. I will get
    > an earlier version of this borderline malware so I can spend the rest of
    > my day off doing what I had planned to do earlier.
    >
    > Speaking of malware, Windows live mail is up and working after I
    > circumvented all the spam and deceptively-integrated check boxes.
    > Security settings to veiw HTML mail have been buried even deeper. I need
    > to find some way to integrate all my e-mail accounts into one in the
    > left pane as they are all listed seperately in a squeezed-up mass. Other
    > than that it looks pretty much like the old OE.
    >
    > Overall, I'm liking windows 7. It is the logical successor to XP, snappy
    > and way more reponesive than Vi..., Vi.., what was the name of that OS
    > again?

    > signature database 4527 (20091020) __________

    > http://www.eset.com

    Saving settings should work if you close using the file menu.
    Your drive will not be any faster if it shows a higher rating ;-)
    Franz Leu, Oct 21, 2009