    integrated with the hardware, such as a raid controller, video card,
    etc.]
    , Aug 28, 2005

  2. What are you planning to do with your PC will answer the question if Windows
    XP Pro x64 is for. As for software, 32 bit applications will work just fine
    and install just fine if they use a 32 bit installer. If your hard disk is
    setup in a RAID configuration, you will need to download the appropriate F6
    Drivers so it can be recognized by Windows XP Pro x64. If the print driver
    is something you can't live without, I wouldn't bother with x64 unless you
    can get a native 64 bit driver for it.

    Why not give trial a run and see how it suits you? Its a free download:
    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/64bit/evaluation/trial.mspx
    --
    Andre
    Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Aug 29, 2005

  3. Guest

    The trial run isn't a bad idea, but how well does it uninstall?
    , Aug 29, 2005
  4. Just format the drive when you are finished with my booting off either an
    x86 copy of Windows XP or Windows XP Pro x64 CD and you will have the option
    during setup to format the drive. If you do end up using XP Pro x64 full
    time during the trial, make sure to back up your data before it expires or
    when you plan on formatting.

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Aug 29, 2005
  5. Guest

    I try to keep my PC legit. What I'll do is set up a dual boot, assuming
    this is possible with raid.

    I would hope you could install the legit win64 over the demo copy.
    Microsquish can't be that dumb. Then again.....
    , Aug 29, 2005
  6. honjo Guest

    It is very simple to uninstall it.

    Kaz

    honjo, Aug 29, 2005
  7. Ted Guest

    >As for software, 32 bit applications will work just fine

    When you say fine, you mean in a limping mode.

    Ted, Aug 29, 2005
  8. Not unless its a MSDN or Volume license version of x64 you will get the
    option of upgrading the OEM version.

    Andre Da Costa, Aug 29, 2005