    followed alot of threads, but it would seems that everyone has given up on it.

    Any help would be great.

    Luke

    =?Utf-8?B?THVrZV9OZWVkc19IZWxw?=, May 30, 2005

  2. "Luke_Needs_Help" <> wrote in
    message news:
    > Hello,
    >
    > I have a Asus Mobo A8N-SLI and I'm trying to configure SATA raid 0. I
    > have used the latest drivers from Nvidia and put them into the setup
    > (F6) and windows sees the drives as one raided drive (yay). However,
    > I then format the drive and install windows 64 on to it - all ok so
    > far. When the files are copied and the system reboots to run windows
    > for the first time, the Win64 logo appears and the BSOD appears and
    > the system restarts. I should mention that Win64 is being installed
    > onto the Raid config and it's set to boot.
    >
    > It would seem to me that it's when it loads the drivers for the raid
    > config that windows fails.
    >
    > Any ideas? - Lots of people seems to be having this issue and i have
    > followed alot of threads, but it would seems that everyone has given
    > up on it.
    >
    > Any help would be great.
    >
    > Luke

    Hi Luke,

    You have two different sets of connectors on your mobo.
    For raid, you have to use the red ones and configure your bios to use the
    promises drivers not the via drivers.
    Be sure that you have the last drivers as the ones provided on the mobo CD
    are not working.
    You may have a look at www.planetamd64.com

    Cheers

    --
    Christian Hougardy [MS MVP XP]
    Johannesburg - South Africa

    Christian Hougardy [MVP], May 30, 2005

  3. =?Utf-8?B?THVrZV9OZWVkc19IZWxw?=

    Rick Guest

    Christian Hougardy [MVP] wrote:
    > "Luke_Needs_Help" <> wrote in
    > message news:
    >
    >>Hello,
    >>
    >>I have a Asus Mobo A8N-SLI and I'm trying to configure SATA raid 0. I
    >>have used the latest drivers from Nvidia and put them into the setup
    >>(F6) and windows sees the drives as one raided drive (yay). However,
    >>I then format the drive and install windows 64 on to it - all ok so
    >>far. When the files are copied and the system reboots to run windows
    >>for the first time, the Win64 logo appears and the BSOD appears and
    >>the system restarts. I should mention that Win64 is being installed
    >>onto the Raid config and it's set to boot.
    >>
    >>It would seem to me that it's when it loads the drivers for the raid
    >>config that windows fails.
    >>
    >>Any ideas? - Lots of people seems to be having this issue and i have
    >>followed alot of threads, but it would seems that everyone has given
    >>up on it.
    >>
    >>Any help would be great.
    >>
    >>Luke

    > Hi Luke,
    >
    > You have two different sets of connectors on your mobo.
    > For raid, you have to use the red ones and configure your bios to use the
    > promises drivers not the via drivers.
    > Be sure that you have the last drivers as the ones provided on the mobo CD
    > are not working.
    > You may have a look at www.planetamd64.com
    >

    > Cheers

    You need another cup of coffee! Why would he want to use either VIA or
    Promise drivers on a nVidia board? He should use nVidia drivers!

    Rick, May 30, 2005
  4. Rick <> wrote:
    > Christian Hougardy [MVP] wrote:
    >> "Luke_Needs_Help" <> wrote
    >> in message news:
    >>
    >>> Hello,
    >>>
    >>> I have a Asus Mobo A8N-SLI and I'm trying to configure SATA raid 0.
    >>> I have used the latest drivers from Nvidia and put them into the
    >>> setup (F6) and windows sees the drives as one raided drive (yay).
    >>> However, I then format the drive and install windows 64 on to it -
    >>> all ok so far. When the files are copied and the system reboots to
    >>> run windows for the first time, the Win64 logo appears and the BSOD
    >>> appears and the system restarts. I should mention that Win64 is
    >>> being installed onto the Raid config and it's set to boot.
    >>>
    >>> It would seem to me that it's when it loads the drivers for the raid
    >>> config that windows fails.
    >>>
    >>> Any ideas? - Lots of people seems to be having this issue and i have
    >>> followed alot of threads, but it would seems that everyone has given
    >>> up on it.
    >>>
    >>> Any help would be great.
    >>>
    >>> Luke

    >> Hi Luke,
    >>
    >> You have two different sets of connectors on your mobo.
    >> For raid, you have to use the red ones and configure your bios to
    >> use the promises drivers not the via drivers.
    >> Be sure that you have the last drivers as the ones provided on the
    >> mobo CD are not working.
    >> You may have a look at www.planetamd64.com
    >>

    >> Cheers
    >>

    > You need another cup of coffee! Why would he want to use either VIA
    > or Promise drivers on a nVidia board? He should use nVidia drivers!

    Sorry for that, you're right, the chipset is an Nvidia nForce4 SLI
    --
    Christian Hougardy (MS XP MVP)
    Johannesburg - South Africa

    Christian Hougardy, May 30, 2005
  5. Try http://www.planetamd64.com
    to bypass registration, use http://bugmenot.com
    --

    Andre
    http://spaces.msn.com/members/adacosta

    "Luke_Needs_Help" <> wrote in
    message news:...

    Andre Da Costa, May 30, 2005
  6. Hi guys,

    Thank you all your help.

    I had loaded all the correct 64bit drivers (Nvidia etc in the F6 option).
    What I have found is the on board raid controller takes a little while to
    startup after a new configuration and even appears to lock the keyboard.
    After the first boot it's taking about 2sec to load in to windows (yay). Make
    a change to the config, and it looks like windows has stalled again, but it
    hasn't...just need to be more patient and wait a little.

    Cheers,
    Luke

    =?Utf-8?B?THVrZQ==?=, Jun 1, 2005