Win32k.sys blue screen

Discussion in 'Windows 64bit' started by piccolo, Jul 29, 2008.

  1. piccolo

    piccolo Guest

    I recently installed a Windows 32-bit virtual machine on my Windows 64-bit OS
    machine. I have been getting some blue screen crashes (lots of blue screen
    and words that Windows has shut down to recover from a serious error) since
    then and I would like to know if it is the Windows 64-bit real machine or the
    Windows 32-bit virtual machine that has crashed. Since I have to physically
    re-boot, I assume it is the real machine.

    The technical information on the crash screen is as follows:
    win32k.sys
    STOP:0X00000050(0XFFFFFA802B611000,
    0X0000000000000000,OXFFFFF97FFF,7F664,0X0000000000000000)
    WIN32K.SYS ADDRESS FFFFF9FFF17F664 BASE FFFFF97FFF000000 Datestamp 47e0f866

    Is it likely/possible that it is the virtual machine installation that is
    causing the crashes?

    Thanks in advance.
    --
    Regards,